Live TV setup - How to get FreeView channels in Emby ?

CBers

CBers

I can't get the UK FreeView option to show up in the Lineups drop-down list when setting up Live TV.

I have entered my full and shortened postcode and with and without a space.

All I get is BSkyB and FreeSat, but no FreeView.

Any UK Emby users got this working please ??

I did have it set up, but my SD subscription expired and so I deleted Live TV settings etc.

Thanks.

jds828

BSkyB and Freesat are DVBS (Satellite)

Freeview is DVBT (Aerial)

Are you using a tuner with both types? On my tuner which is a PC based with DVBT and DVBS, I just tell it which source ( Also area for DVBT) and away it goes and scans the frequencies.

I only use PC tuners so I can't be much help on any of the others.

A few more details would help though.

CBers

Thanks @@jds828.

I should have said that I'm using HDHomeRun tuners.

I've actually got Freeview in the list now, but I had to cut back the postcode to only the first 3 characters.

Perhaps this is something that Luke or @@ebr can look at, as putting the full postcode in, doesn't give all of the options there should be.

jds828

No problem. Glad it's sorted.

So the Homerun you have has DVBT and DVBS? I seem to remember looking at them but there was only DVBT one for the UK.

CBers

No, only DVBT.

Emby Live TV setup isn't clever enough currently, to only list channel packages that match the capabilites of the tuners.

jds828

Ok thanks, that's what I thought.

I'll stick with my PC tuner for now and continue my search for better systems for TV.

stuclark

I've got a fairly cheap Haupage DVBS tuner (external USB box) which works reasonably well for picking up FreeSAT (and encoded) channels in the UK.

I'm using DVBViewer now as that's the only viewer / plugin which reliably gets EPG data from the satelite feed and also supports channel icons (this never worked for me using NextPVR, DVBLink or MediaPortal).

I have set DVBViewer to not search for encrypted channels, and then customised my channel list to cut out a lot of the dross channels that I'll never watch, not even in the fires of hades!

CBers

I've actually got Freeview in the list now, but I had to cut back the postcode to only the first 3 characters.

Perhaps this is something that Luke or @@ebr can look at, as putting the full postcode in, doesn't give all of the options there should be.

@@Luke / @@ebr - the setup for FreeView channels in Emby server needs to be reviewed, or at least the help needs amending.

As I said above, it you put the full UK postcode, nothing is found, so I had to reduce it one character at a time until just the first 3 (of 7/8) characters of my postcode worked.

I'm not sure what routines you are using to discover the various FreeView regions against the postcode entered, and I guess It may be difficult for you to test in the US, as you may not know enough postcodes to test against, so if you need a hand, please respond here and the UK FreeView users can assist.

This will then make it easier for new Live TV users in the UK going forward.

Thanks.

Yes that is all we're doing. We take whatever is entered, send it to Schedules Direct, then display the results.