[BUG] MP4's won't play

Dodgy Bob

OddbOd

OK so it isn't related to stream ordering or header branding.

@@Dodgy Bob: Could you supply us with a copy of a file that is failing as nothing in the logs stands out as problematic.

Edited by OddbOd
  • Like 1

Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

Sorry for the late reply; too much going on at the moment. We have a big family holiday coming up next month - which I am the main planner for - and its turning out to be bigger than Ben-Hur!

Getting back to the issue at hand, I was told by my family during the week, last week, that a number of other "videos" wouldn't play and that they had to resort to pulling out DVD's to watch what they wanted to watch!

Now these DVD's that they were wanting to watch have all been ripped to MKVs using MakeMKV and as best as I'm aware, were working previously. So my thought is that there may be something more fundamentally broken with my server-side. So before I do go and wipe the slate clean, I thought I would check in and see if anyone has any objections to me doing so without testing anything else further?

@OddbOd: I can still fling a "not working" MP4 your way if you think that would help, but I really am starting to wonder if it really is just me!? That or perhaps I need to just wipe the libraries and re-enter / re-scan them back in perhaps?

Anyhow, if anyone wants to put in their 5cents first then feel free to go ahead, otherwise, chances are, over the weekend I'll blat my Emby server and client installs and see what happens from a clean slate.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

FrostByte

If you wish to upload one I have no issues trying it on my system.  That may tell you for sure if it's your system, the file, or something else.  Really up to you :)

OddbOd

I would still be interested to have a look also. At the very least it potentially eliminates the file being the cause and at best it saves you some time turning over the whole server.

Dodgy Bob

If you wish to upload one I have no issues trying it on my system.  That may tell you for sure if it's your system, the file, or something else.  Really up to you :)

I would still be interested to have a look also. At the very least it potentially eliminates the file being the cause and at best it saves you some time turning over the whole server.

Dang it! Arrrrrgggghhhhhh...

Seriously, I was just going to upload one of the videos tonight, but I can't find one that will not play now !? !?

Every one I click on just plays - I mean, don't get me wrong, this is a good thing, a great thing! But boy-oh, it certainly is frustrating at the same time too.

I turned off Cinema Mode as I didn't want to have to wait for 2 trailers to play before finally getting to a video that wouldn't play.

I also updated to a new version of the server last weekend or the weekend before? I can't remember now. Anyhow, now my server is 3.0.6000.0 and now I have 6050 waiting there for me.

Sorry folks.

Perhaps it was a combo of Cinema Mode + Emby for Samsung + the Server Version for me !?

Maybe there is some funky corruption in my library / database !?

I don't know, but I can't get it to not work now. . . . . 

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

• Like 1