Trakt ratings

LiquidFX

LiquidFX

With the old trakt plugin we had the option of rating something after it was over, it would be nice to see that brought back. Something very simple and maybe as easy as selecting the rating by hitting the number on the remote.

• Like 12

• 1 year later...
Shibboleth

+1000 - resurrecting this thread to say I have sorely missed this! It exists on the trakt plugin for kodi and it's indispensable!

Honestly the best part of that plugin. Makes me /almost/ regret switching to the otherwise highly superior Emby.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

+1 - plus the ability to sync user-defined ratings with Trakt, like the Trakt plugin in Kodi. I create playlists in Kodi to determine what to watch based on stuff I haven't rated (since I'm not typically logging that I viewed something in a theater or on Netflix in Trakt, but I do rate every movie I watch so I know what to come back to later). Emby appears to ignore my user rating tags in the Kodi nfo files which means I can't really switch over to using Emby completely since I'll miss this functionality.

• 1 year later...
MohandL3G

It's possible for the future. Thanks.

I'm new here, it's my first time using Emby and I love it, but the Track Plug-in had some issues, I fixed them, but the only thing that is missing is ratings.

Even after your comment from "1 year/4 months/23 days" it still doesn't exist, please add it ASAP, and Thanks in Advance  :D

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
whiteowl3

Hi, I'd just like to respectfully bump this, on the grounds that it is the only missing piece in a continuous Emby-Trakt-MovieLens stream which would allow for customizable viewing recommendations per user.  All the software for every other part of the work-stream is on github, waiting to be stitched together using a whole universe of movielens implementations.  Even better, remove Trakt from the equation and just push 1-5 star ratings back to movielens directly.   This would lay the groundwork for content-placement in the homescreens.
For example:
1. Emby would prompt for 1-5 Star reviews in a conventional manner and send that datum to the users movielens account as it is supplied.
2. (Optional) Emby sends this data to trakt and/or periodically pushes trakt ratings to movielens using https://github.com/StegSchreck/RatS

3. A scheduled task, or a script triggered by user login, will run which pulls the users movielens recommendations and returns all members which match titles in user-visible libraries.
4. A filetree containing X number of matches is symlinked in a new, user-specific library viewable only by them, "Recommended for You" or some such. We do magic so that existing metadata will match to the symlinks as fast as possible.
5.  Absolutely nothing goes wrong and each user gets personalized recs with all the hard computing offloaded, povided that their library is large enough to create X collisions with the recommendation list (The list is very, very long, so this may or may not be a problem).
6.  If the library size necessary to ensure X collisions turns out to be infeasible, we can elect to do the model training work as a scheduled task on our custom title/genre data.  Necessary models and code exist on github.

Please consider increasing the priority of 5-star-feedback for movielens or trakt.

Thank you for your excellent work so far.

Edited by whiteowl3

• 10 months later...