Where do I change/set the user passwords?

austinchief

austinchief

I used to go to Manage Server -> Users -> {Select user} -> Password and it gave me the option to reset, assign or change the password associated with each user.

Where did this go??

I just created a new user and need to set a password.

Hi welcome. The user edit screen has 4 tabs. The last tab is called "Password". Try clicking on that.

austinchief

I have set the password on all my users, but since upgrading to the current OSx server version, I no longer see the option to change or reset the password.

I have set the password on all my users, but since upgrading to the current OSx server version, I no longer see the option to change or reset the password.

Ok, sorry to hear about this. For now, you can use the online web client at http://app.emby.media

I will test this out and see if we need to get up a new release to resolve it. Thanks.

austinchief

Can't login to app.emby.media ... don't remember password ... recovery email not sent.   Now I can't even log into my server.   I never changed any passwords (have no access to do it) ... and now the passwords that WERE set and working are not letting me into my own server.

This is getting very annoying ... so far my experience with the OSx version of the server is a complete FAILURE.

Can't login to app.emby.media ... don't remember password ... recovery email not sent.   Now I can't even log into my server.   I never changed any passwords (have no access to do it) ... and now the passwords that WERE set and working are not letting me into my own server.

This is getting very annoying ... so far my experience with the OSx version of the server is a complete FAILURE.

Hi, sorry to hear about this. Try going back to your web interface and using the forgot password function. It will then reset the password to blank and you can login without a password.

austinchief

I will try that version when I get home .... I tried the password reset ... Found the file in .config and the link didn't work ... Went to /web/password reset.html or something close to that.

it's forgotpasswordpin.html without a space. it should work, just tested it now.

• 5 months later...
austinchief

Ok ... this issue is back again!!! I can't change the password for any user on my server!

I am running version 3.1.2.0!!!

And users cannot access remotely anymore!

Help!!!!!