Smart Playlists

Pelon

PuffyToesToo
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Not to sidetrack but since Pseudo TV was mentioned if you like this sort of thing check out the Virtual TV plugin for Emby in the Plugin Catalog.

I do not see it in the catalogue, can you point me to it? Thank you.

15 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

I do not see it in the catalogue, can you point me to it? Thank you.

My bad, it's not in the catalog.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, PenkethBoy said:

there is a plugin that does it and been around for a few months

Yea, I'm digging it. PenkethBoy turned me on to it.

I can say that the Smart Playlist plug-in works really well. I tried the Virtual Tv plug-in, but that didn’t work for me, it needs everything to be encoded the same and I’m not there.

• 3 months later...

Smart Playlists are the biggest thing I'm missing after recently moving from Plex. Would you say we're getting close?  I'm wondering if it's worth re-creating some old Smart Playlists by hand if not...

1 hour ago, rexerm said:

Smart Playlists are the biggest thing I'm missing after recently moving from Plex. Would you say we're getting close?  I'm wondering if it's worth re-creating some old Smart Playlists by hand if not...

Have you seen or tried this?

36 minutes ago, cayars said:

Have you seen or tried this?

Interesting and worth a try!  I'd be worried, though, that future database changes might break this? Looks like the creator isn't really updating.

• 2 months later...
GrumpyTrucker

I can't figure out why this is taking so many years. Some guy on his own even wrote a plug-in for it that works well (mostly). Since it looks like he's stopped developing it, maybe the devs could fork it from GitHub and roll it into the main interface? Might take a little work to keep it compatible, but most of the grunt work is done surely. I know my case is probably really basic compared to most, but all I'm looking for is a playlist that will auto update daily with 100 random songs that I can filter based on genre so I'm not getting some weird combinations like, oh I don't know, ABBA and Amaranthe 🤣

Sadly it looks like something may have broken the integration with Scheduled Tasks since I find for me that the playlist creates just fine, but won't auto-update via Scheduled Tasks.

Anyway, another +1 vote for this feature.

2 hours ago, GrumpyTrucker said:

all I'm looking for is a playlist that will auto update daily with 100 random songs that I can filter based on genre

Hi.  If that kind of thing were all we hoped to achieve with this then, yes, this wouldn't be that hard.  However, we hope to do a whole lot more so stay tuned.  We will get there.  More basic features have simply needed to take priority first.

• 4 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 4:31 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  If that kind of thing were all we hoped to achieve with this then, yes, this wouldn't be that hard.  However, we hope to do a whole lot more so stay tuned.  We will get there.  More basic features have simply needed to take priority first.

Hi,

Any update on smart lists please? Quiet an important feature in my opinion to sort libraries. Plex is having this feature but do not like it as it will show per episode for TV shows list, instead of per TV Show. 

Is this something planned for next update?

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there, not yet, but it's planned for future updates. Thanks.

Thanks and for sure it is planned, however this is for the last 3 to 4 years so hoped progress has been made in the mean time. What are the key areas Emby team is working on for next release?

• 4 weeks later...
Greg Prz

Perhaps make the existing smartlist plugin to a premier plug ins after some enhancements leaving the base plugin as free? Win-win?

Edited by Greg Prz

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Nick D_CA

I see this 8-year-old request hasn't been updated in 9 months. Any update on the progress or when we should look forward to this feature?