Smart Playlists

Pelon

lurkon01

Very interested in this feature. I honestly would like to be able to build my own evening line up for my family to watch each day. With all the "on demand", I kind of miss the randomness of turning on the tv and seeing what episode of the show was on.

Hopefully this'll be a feature added sooner rather than later.

+1 as well here,

Also I personally miss the randomness of just turning on the tv and seeing whats on. Would love it if there was a "library" option to create a personal tv channel that other users could just press play on and all be watching the same thing at the same time.

• Like 1

+1 as well here,

Also I personally miss the randomness of just turning on the tv and seeing whats on. Would love it if there was a "library" option to create a personal tv channel that other users could just press play on and all be watching the same thing at the same time.

^ this.

PseudoTV Emby style!

• Like 1

hstamas

I am patiently waiting for PseudoTV to finally get updated to work with modern installs of Kodi and like many, I grow tired of another year passing with no release. If Emby had PseudoTV like capabilities I would move back to using the native app. Is this still available and usable @@ebr? All the links pointing to it seem to be dead.

• Like 1

I am patiently waiting for PseudoTV to finally get updated to work with modern installs of Kodi and like many, I grow tired of another year passing with no release. If Emby had PseudoTV like capabilities I would move back to using the native app. Is this still available and usable @@ebr? All the links pointing to it seem to be dead.

Hi.  No, MBPlus has been gone for a very long time.  Sorry.

lurkon01

I would much rather have a native Emby implementation of this than using it in kodi, thats just my 2 cents though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
vdatanet

Bumping again

+1 for Smart & Pinnable Playlists

If smart playlist are difficult to implement, allow at least to pin a playlist on Emby home screen:

5def57792930f_Anotacin20191210092110.jpg

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 3

jaketame

This is something that would be very useful.

It could be automated to a certain extent too. Ie Time Based on Seasons of the year, Easter, Halloween, Christmas. Would display on main menu those relevant films.

I like the idea of Top X from Rotten/IMDB

• 2 weeks later...
Spaceboy

Bumping again

+1 for Smart & Pinnable Playlists

If smart playlist are difficult to implement, allow at least to pin a playlist on Emby home screen:

5def57792930f_Anotacin20191210092110.jpg

you can favourite playlists which on iOS appear under the favourites tab pretty much in the home screen. Not working on android tv though.

As for smart playlists, well it’s good to have dreams [emoji3]

pünktchen

A very late christmas gift:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/80828-virtualtv-plugin/?p=824081

• 1 month later...
Dibbes

@@ebr is there any update on this? I know you guys are not big on committing (something with agility) and also that with the http and scrolling modifications you guys have a lot going on, but I'd really like to see this...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Nostromo86

Have you checked out the post above yours?

Hello, are you going to implement the possibility of displaying smartplaylists on the home screen ?

thank you

• 1 month later...
MainMonkey

I loved this feature in Kodi and am excited to see it added in Emby. Is there a possible way to get it so that I can have a smart playlist that is movies, Horror, non english (country or language)? In Kodi my family's favorite playlist was my foreign horror movie playlist.

• 4 weeks later...
itgreen9

I would love this feature as well, but if you add it please let it be able to use the metadata of the file. Attempting to edit all files so that they work with each individual players coding is a pain. For example, I use a the comment file in the metadata to put the name of the playlist(s) I want files to load into. This works with most audio media players without any issues, but when I try it with Plex it does not see the majority of the stuff in the metadata. One of the reasons I switched to Emby. 

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Guest Romek said:

Is there any News on this? As thread is now 4 years old and its the only feature im waiting for

Not yet but hopefully soon.

Paulshelling

Psuedo TV  wouldn't have to be anything other than a number of playlists with some abiity to log and count time I imagine? It locks in an order for all and then when you switch between them, if knows that as the current time is let's say 12:05 pm, this particular file file should be playing and at 5:07. This would allow the switching between playlists like TV channels which accurate time passed in each. If you need to make an edit to a playlist, it resets the feature, creates a new order and updates the times.

• Like 1

Not to sidetrack but since Pseudo TV was mentioned if you like this sort of thing check out the Virtual TV plugin for Emby in the Plugin Catalog.