Smart Playlists

Pelon

This is something we plan to do.  There are a number of related feature requests for it out here.

• Like 7

skuuup

Yes please!

This would be one more step in the direction of making Emby a full-featured media solution.

Edited by skuuup
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
kcprophecy

Hey, sorry to bring up this old thread, it's the only thing that popped up when doing a search for it. I just wanted to see if this feature is still on the radar? Thanks.

• Like 2

Yes this is something we'd like to do in a future update. thanks !

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
afullmark

This is something we plan to do.  There are a number of related feature requests for it out here.

Having used Plex, I would find the addition of smart playlists extremely useful. It's been over a year since you made this comment and I note @@Luke commented in May this year, and I note other users (self-identified as ex plex uses) looking for this feature too, so is it likely we'll see smart playlists in 2018? I know you are busy with .net core etc currently and perfecting Live TV.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
TelemonianAjax

Thanks for directing me here from the other thread, Luke.  

Is anyone actively working on this, or are workers needed? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a new user to Emby that just came from a Kodi MySQL setup and truly miss this feature.  I still use Kodi as my frontends so I can create the playlists there for the time being but would love to have a Smart Playlist feature built into the server side of Emby.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Dibbes

It's something we'd like to do in the future, thanks.

I had the impression you guys were actively working on this...???

We are working as hard and as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks !

Dibbes

We are working as hard and as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks !

that is not how I meant it... I know you guys are busy :)

what I meant was that this was something planned for the very, very near future, like coming month or so...

Desibuoyy
This was requested in 2016! Chief Bottle Washer said, they'd like to do this in the future, fast forward 2 years - we still don't have this. I'm sure it's would be another 2 years. 

We are working as hard as possible to make everyone as happy as we possibly can. Thanks.

webpostkastl

oh man, sorry, but this is getting annoying. I think by now we all know that you guys are working really hard (since you have mentioned this multiple times now)

if there is no specific plan or rollout date planned yet, please just say so. I'd rather know that some feature is not assigned to a specific release date then getting my hopes up just to see that another 6 months went by and nothing's changed... this is quite frustrating

Hi.  We have never stated this feature was slated for any particular release.  It is planned for the future but not under active development yet.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...
alexpaton

Just stumbled onto this thread from another.  I too would like to see this feature.  I always liked the idea of the Kodi plugin, PseudoTV, which worked in a similar way, but presented it as a fake EPG, thus giving the ability to channel surf, using your own library files.  Their version didn't work too well because of the (potentially) sheer volume of plugins that Kodi can have installed.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
VladTepz

+1

Hopefully now that the huge update 
(Emby Server 4.0) is released, this will free up some time for things like this to be worked on.  :) 

As I stated recently in another thread, a bunch of requests in this sub-forum could be answered/accomplished with the addition of "Smart Playlists" and the ability to use them in "Sections".

Congrats to the Emby Devs on the huge 4.0 release & keep up the good work. :) 

Edited by VladTepz
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

As a newly minted life-time supporter, I finally feel not guilty about making feature requests, so consider this my first vote.  Smart playlist functionality is basically the only feature missing in Emby that is preventing me from dropping Kodi--no offense to Kodi, it's just that for 99% of my needs, Emby does a fine job.

P.S. adding live TV capabilities and DVR from my newly-purchased HDHomeRun was a snap, so kudos!  Made pulling the trigger on Premiere that much more satisfying.

ShoutingMan

Elsewhere I added my request for a Recently Watched section. If Smart Playlists can accomplish this with the same ease (being part of the front page listing with libraries), then I’d be happy with this more general solution. :)