UNC warning, I am using UNC paths

raw29983

raw29983

I am running MB3 server and classic on my desktop PC connected to 2 xbox360's with no issues, I added a HTPC and am getting the UNC warning in MB3 Classic and media won't play on it, although it will play in MB3 Theatre. I have set up my folder using UNC paths. I have also tried using the UNC path with the Drive location as well as the folder location. Any help would be appreciated. Both PC's are fully networked and sharing other files including homegroup.

52ccd7a89c177_Untitled.jpg

first thing i would do is go to that machine and verify it can access those locations. MBC does a simple file system check to see if it can access the media folder, and if it fails it gives you that warning.

AlwinHummels

@@Luke I don't think that's the issue because MBT works fine but MBC fails playing anything. I have the same issue here but only on the machine where I've installed MBS.

So My problem is only when MBC and MBS are on the same computer all other Computers with MBC forks fine.

Hopes this will help to troubleshoot.

Sorry Luke my mistake It could be a problem :( I was to fast with my conclusion.

When I use MB WebUI al works fine on the HTPC but when I try to browse to my UNC path is sais "No Acces" I don't understand this problem because MBT works fine MB webUI works fine only MBC and windows explorer can't acces my path.  anny Ideas?

Edited by AlwinHummels

It is almost certainly a permissions issue at the windows/network share level.

The other clients work because they stream the content through our server if they can't get to it directly.  Unfortunately, we have not been able to figure out any streaming format that will work in WMC so MBC cannot do that (although, we do try).