emby theater on secondary screen

rungu

I have computer with 2 screens the secondary is a TV connected via HDMI how do I get Emby Theater to Launch in Full screen mode on the secondary screen like MCE use to in Windows 7

Thanks

rungu

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Maybe this will help.  Looks like the windowstate.json is in the "Emby Theater" folder without the dash. "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming"

no that does not help me my issue is that it always launches on the Primary Screen not on the secondary which is the TV so I have to drag it across and then maximise it  

Edited by rungu

jonescrusher

Have the same issue.  Emby Theater will always start on the screen the mouse cursor is currently located on.  On boot up or if Emby icon on primary screen it will start there.  I have remote programmed to start Emby which will always start it on screen mouse currently on.  Appears Emby Theater is not designed to remember last used screen.

• Like 1

wiretap

Have you tried nVidia nView? You can setup application profiles so it will maximize on the second screen upon opening.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a NVIDIA Card in the machine it just uses the onboard Intel Graphics Card

I did this mostly so I could use Intel Quicksync

Edited by rungu

scanner50

Have you tried nVidia nView? You can setup application profiles so it will maximize on the second screen upon opening.

How do you do this? I have an Nvidia 9xx card and don't see it in options anywhere. I found nView standalone software but it says it's for Quadro cards only, and won't install on my machine.

Anyway, I too am one of you that needs to have ET open on a second screen consistently. Current behavior is incredibly annoying and borders on it being too inconvenient to use.

Xzener

I too do not have a "quatro" card. I am using FrontView+... The only way I could get dual screen working correctly was to have my 100" projected screen to be a secondary display. It would be ideal not to have to drag Emby Theater over every time it's launched.

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 1