Missing method of music sorting in Emby Theater

jayw654

jayw654

A method of sorting found in the web version Emby is not present in Emby Theater and it happens to be my absolute favorite method of sorting. Please add it.

Emby%20music%20web_zpsjqugnrtf.png

Although the Album feature exist it does not allow sorting by the Artist under Albums like the web version does.

Emby%20theater%20Album_zpskxrzvflc.jpg

As you can see the sorting is by album title only and no way to switch sorting for the artist instead while still showing album covers.

mentasm

I'm guessing this is just a setting in the skin.  It's something that could probably done by someone playng with a skin fork could do.  Unfortunately my java script skills are too lacking to help out.  I think I can see where changes could be made, but I don't really know how to do it in code.

What if you select Album Artist up the top?  After you select an artist you get a page that shows all that artists albums

5784b18f0f9a0_albumartist.jpg

Edited by mentasm

• 1 year later...

Emby Theater now has sorting, filtering, and view settings on just about every screen. You can now enjoy:

• Sort order remembered
  • Filters remembered
  • Choose between poster view and list view
  • In poster view you can choose the image you want to use (primary, thumb, etc)
  • You can even hide the title underneath posters if you want

Enjoy.

• 11 months later...
bls_fanatic

Emby Theater now has sorting, filtering, and view settings on just about every screen. You can now enjoy:

• Sort order remembered
  • Filters remembered
  • Choose between poster view and list view
  • In poster view you can choose the image you want to use (primary, thumb, etc)
  • You can even hide the title underneath posters if you want

Enjoy.

Hello Luke,

I am looking for sorting options in ET 3.0.6 and can't find them.  Is there any way when you drill down to an Artist or Album Artist to sort the albums by name, year, ascending, descending?  Also in ET 3.0.6 it appears albums are shown on one horinzontal line and you have to go right to see the ones that do not fit on the pasge.  Any way to have all the ablums stack up on the first page vertically like it does in the Emby app for Samsung TV?

Thanks

post-1413-0-49978000-1549038359_thumb.jpg

There is no sorting yet for individual artist content, only on the "all" list screens, such as all albums, songs, etc.