FR - Separate Live TV Library Scan

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Live tv really needs a separate library scan task. To make recordings available in good time i'd like a library refresh every 5 mins but as a full library scan takes around 45 mins this isn't achievable.

a separate live tv library scan would resolve this. it really makes sense to have settings per library so that, say, music which seems fairly resource intensive could be done with less frequency than other media types

cheers

CBers

Do you not have "Real Time Monitoring" enabled?

My recordings show straight away.

Spaceboy

no,and theres a couple of other threads where people seem to have the same problem 

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36366-live-tv-recording-convert-to-mp4-realtime/?p=342303

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36401-live-tv-recordsings-present-but-not-showing-up/

so i assumed the fix provided by doofus for library scans was the recommended behaviour. even if they show up they don't have media info and so always transcode

real time monitoring works for other libraries

You shouldn't need to do anything manually in order to have new recordings show up. Some work was done on this during the last release period, so those topics are now obsolete. If you're having an issue, then we need to look at it like any other new issue. Thanks!

Guest asrequested

You shouldn't need to do anything manually in order to have new recordings show up. Some work was done on this during the last release period, so those topics are now obsolete. If you're having an issue, then we need to look at it like any other new issue. Thanks!

Luke, does that mean real time monitoring isn't needed?

correct because the recording process notifies internally to the parts that handle the library

Guest asrequested

correct because the recording process notifies internally to the parts that handle the library

And it's immediate, I'm assuming?

Guest asrequested

Does the real time monitor setting apply to tv shows we manually add to libraries? Or is it redundant, now?

Spaceboy

it's just like the realtime monitor. it may take a couple minutes.

right but do the recordings show up with full metadata or is a library scan required to obtain this to prevent unnecessary transcoding? because i suffer from both. it usually doesnt detect new recordings and even if it does there is no metadata.

if real time monitor is on and it picks up all metadata then surely the library scan is redundant? i've set library scans back to 6 hours but i'm not clear they are even needed if everything works as it should?

oh, also: these changes you mention are in stable aren't they?

i'll produce some logs

Spaceboy

no manual action is required.

ok, in the log attached there was a program starting recording at 10pm for 30 mins. it appears fine but no mediainfo is listed and the recording transcodes to my shield. there is another recording immediately after it on the same channel where mediainfo is created and it direct plays using vlc on the shield with the same settings. why is this?

Guest asrequested

For recorded shows, doesn't the metadata come from the guide data, and then later updated (if needed) by the library scan?

Spaceboy

For recorded shows, doesn't the metadata come from the guide data, and then later updated (if needed) by the library scan?

You understand media info and metadata are not the same thing?

ok, in the log attached there was a program starting recording at 10pm for 30 mins. it appears fine but no mediainfo is listed and the recording transcodes to my shield. there is another recording immediately after it on the same channel where mediainfo is created and it direct plays using vlc on the shield with the same settings. why is this?

attachicon.gifserver.txt

I think you may need to turn debug logging on for us to get a full picture and there was so much happening on the server at that time that it was difficult for me to tell but I'm wondering if maybe a library scan or other task maybe was already running at the time the first item was ingested.

Would it be possible for you to run a test without other people playing things at the same time and without a lot of other tasks also going on constantly (maybe remove plug-ins like Kodi sync) just so we can isolate and see how it behaves?