Special Episodes Season for TV Series

Michael K.
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

Michael K.

This question is regarding special episodes which are labeled as s00eXX within a TV series.

I no longer see the "Specials" season within TV series. I assume I changed a setting by accident. How do I change that view to get it back?

While viewing TV Series on Apple TV, I used to see a season labeled "Specials", that would appear before season 1 in the list of seasons. This provided a view with all the special episodes organized together.

Now, I can view the special episodes only from within the season they appeared. I used to have both options.

Michael K.

I initially checked library settings -> display, but did not find a setting to affect that change. Screen shot attached.

I also check in library settings -> advanced -> TV -> Season 0 display name = "Specials"

post-126210-0-79160900-1468167616_thumb.png

Edited by Michael K.

I think if you elect to show them within the seasons, then they no longer also show up in a specials folder.  Is that correct, Luke...?

Michael K.

I tried unchecking that option and it did not fix the issue. It only made the special episodes disappear completely.

In the past, I've always had that option checked/enabled and I was able to see the special episodes in both places.

I think if you elect to show them within the seasons, then they no longer also show up in a specials folder.  Is that correct, Luke...?

It should be in both. I just tested and it seems to work fine. I think he might want to double check his metadata for the particular seasons and episodes in question.

Specifically, be sure that the season number for those specials is 0 I think...

Michael K.

I have the season set to 0 in the metadata and on the filename - screen shot attached.

I noticed this issue after I had to install Emby Official 3.0.5985.0 over Dev 3.1.6034.22791, following this thread: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36724-emby-set-to-update-to-beta-builds-updated-to-latest-developer/, could that have anything to do with it?

post-126210-0-35229400-1468257453_thumb.png

Edited by Michael K.

You also need to look at the special episode number values that are a little bit below that.

Michael K.

Here is a screenshot of that metadata section.

Note: I have not modified any metadata - it has been pulled from TheTVDB.

post-126210-0-05830200-1468259189_thumb.png

• Solution
Vidman

I have the season set to 0 in the metadata and on the filename - screen shot attached.

I noticed this issue after I had to install Emby Official 3.0.5985.0 over Dev 3.1.6034.22791, following this thread: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36724-emby-set-to-update-to-beta-builds-updated-to-latest-developer/, could that have anything to do with it?

But it is in the season 1 folder ....i don't know if that makes a difference
  • Like 1

Michael K.

But it is in the season 1 folder ....i don't know if that makes a difference

That did make the difference and the issue has been solved by moving the episode to a new folder named 'Season 0'.

Now I am able to see the episode from within the respective season and separately from within the Specials.

Nice catch @@Vidman!

Edited by Michael K.