Server not remembering watched episodes

ReleasetheD3m0n
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

ReleasetheD3m0n

Hey all. So I've been having this issue for quite a while now and it's happening over multiple apps. The server doesn't remember watched episodes. This happens on the web, Roku and Emby for Kodi. I've researched this and tried multiple fixes I've found in the forums to no avail. Their are 2 users accessing the account.

The NFO is set to my name in the metadata settings and the NFO is checked under the services tab for Series, Seasons and Episodes. 

I will go through and mark episodes as watched (I've done this on every platform to see if one would work and none did), then after watching an episode and going back to the main screen random episodes will come back as unwatched, sometimes the entire season shows back up.

Here's the logs from 07/06, any and all help is appreciated!

https://paste2.org/GU8x1M2Z

• Solution
Happy2Play

Does this issue happen if you don't set watched data to nfos?

578031d4e690b_nfo.jpg

• Like 2

Yea try that. I think what's happening is the server is remembering it but then some other program you have installed is later updating the nfo and removing the watched data.

• Like 1

ReleasetheD3m0n

Does this issue happen if you don't set watched data to nfos?

578031d4e690b_nfo.jpg

I believe I've tried that in the past but I will definitely try again. I just changed the settings and did a bulk refresh, when I get home later I'll test it and see how it goes. Thanks!

ReleasetheD3m0n

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks a ton for your help, that was driving me batty!  ;)

One more question, if the person who accesses my server from a different location watches something will it mark it watched for me now since the setting is "None"?

Happy2Play

Only if they are logging as you.  Each users store their own watched information.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

ReleasetheD3m0n

Only if they are logging as you.  Each users store their own watched information.

Perfecto! Thanks again for your help, like I said that was driving me insane! Haha!!