TV Shows and Movies don't show as finished

Jarery
Go to solution Solved by Jarery,

Jarery

I have an annoying issue where when i watch a tv show or movie from my media collection, it never shows as finished the first time watched, it shows as 75% or so. Even when using "update library" after watching an episode when i click on next episode it repeats the episode i just watched. If i then fast forward, or chapter advance to the end it properly gets categorized as watched and presents the next episode.

I have a windows emby server running on a NUC. My media is on a separate NAS running freeness. I use emby for kodi and watch from within Kodi. Hate having to fast forward every episode a second time to have it present the next episode.

Any ideas?

Jar

Hi, can you please give an exact example of the actions you're taking, what's happening along the way, and what result you were expecting? thanks.

Jarery

Exact actions?

From within Kodi interface, 

- select TV shows from side menu

- select "In Progress Episodes"

- lets say I had previously successfully watched "walking dead" season 1 episode 5 and the next episode presented in the GUI is S01E06 as an icon showing the series image.

- Click on and watch episode 6

- Episode 6 ends and It returns me to Kodi main menu where it "should" show S01E07 as next. I click on the icon again for Walking dead and it is again S01E06

- If I again watch, or fast forward, or chapter advance till it ends, now when i return to the Kodi main menu it correctly presents me with S01E07 as the next up. But I have to watch every episode twice to get it to advance to next up.

At the end of watching an episode, if I use a web browser to load up emby, it shows the episode I just watched with a progress bar on the bottom of the icon at about 80% done not the 100% i actually watched.

So in summary, I expect a series episodes to advance by one after watching an episode to the end, where currently i must watch everything twice for it to register as fully watched and present the next episode.

Angelblue05

@@Jarery

Can you post your Kodi log, follow the steps here, repeat the issue: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks! I can't say that I experience this issue. What is your set watched percentage in your emby dashboard > playback? Do you have advanced settings in Kodi that may be conflicting here? Anyway, a Kodi log would give us more to go on.

Edited by Angelblue05

Jarery

@@Jarery

Can you post your Kodi log, follow the steps here, repeat the issue: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks! I can't say that I experience this issue. What is your set watched percentage in your emby dashboard > playback? Do you have advanced settings in Kodi that may be conflicting here? Anyway, a Kodi log would give us more to go on.

Hi

Been away a bit, sorry I didn't respond sooner.

Settings in Emby > Playback >  : Min 5%, Max 90%

I set my log file to Info, log file posted, i watched about 4 episodes in a row, each time I had to go through each episode twice.

Any help appreciated, love the program !

kodi.log

Edited by Jarery

Jarery

@@Jarery

Do you have advanced settings in Kodi that may be conflicting here? Anyway, a Kodi log would give us more to go on.

Do not believe I have any advanced settings that would cause this.

Angelblue05

Thanks for reporting this bug. I found the issue. For now, you can disable offer delete after viewing in the add-on settings. It should fix the bug temporarily. I will make a build shortly and you can let me know if it resolves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

@@Happy2Play could you move this thread to the Kodi section please? Thanks

@@Jarery

Can you install the beta build over your current one (which can also be installed via the beta repository if you have it installed). It should resolve your issue. Let me know :)

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/releases/tag/2.2.16

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution
Jarery

@@Jarery

Can you install the beta build over your current one (which can also be installed via the beta repository if you have it installed). It should resolve your issue. Let me know :)

Using beta version, now works correctly, Thanks !

• Like 1