Android TV Update - Problems with Direct Play with x265 files

christian875
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

christian875

Hi,

My android tv just recently updated and now all my movie files that encoded x265 are now all being transcoded during playback whereas before they were all direct play.

Any ideas why this is happening? Log attached.

log.txt

Edited by christian875

What is the media info (from web client) for one of these items?  What version of Android?

Did the item play back fine?

christian875

Media info screenshot below.  Android version is 1.2.20g.  It is definitely the TV update as the movie was direct play before.

Anyway any advice you can offer is highly appreciated!

577f10979e89d_screenshot.jpg

Edited by christian875

christian875

just updated the latest server but still no luck as its transcoding all hvec x265 files :(

any other ideas?

christian875

ok but not sure how i can do that.  i search for the app directly on my sony tv and can only install the current/existing version without any options to install the beta app.  any further advice?

christian875

ok i just can't seem to get the beta installed on my android tv.    I looked at my apps but its just not listed on google play on my Sony TV (it is on my phone).  that said, it seems worse now as majority of hvec x265 I have downloaded are even loading to play.  I am getting loading errors now on certain videos, case in point "High Fidelity" which I have attached the logs.

I tried loading the same movie on Kodi app, Plex and VLC player on my Android TV and it is playing the file with no problem! anyway just need help as I paid for the lifetime support.  I love using Plex but really disappointed how it just stopped working altogether for me since the android tv update.

please help!

log.txt

christian875

ok that actually worked as the movie files are playing again at least.  the problem though still exists that most of my movie files are transcoding.

i did a little bit more digging and come to find out all or most mkv files with subtitles are all being transcoded whereas the mkv files with no subs are playing direct.  at least I was able to find somewhat the root of the problem...any ideas?  oh I have the subtitles playback mode at "turned pff" as well. 

ok that actually worked as the movie files are playing again at least.  the problem though still exists that most of my movie files are transcoding.

i did a little bit more digging and come to find out all or most mkv files with subtitles are all being transcoded whereas the mkv files with no subs are playing direct.  at least I was able to find somewhat the root of the problem...any ideas?  oh I have the subtitles playback mode at "turned pff" as well. 

You'll need to provide specifics on a particular item but, if subs aren't selected, I think that is a red herring.

My guess would be all the ones with 10-bit color are transcoding now.

christian875

ok you may be right on the 10 bit color movie files.  i'll check when i get back home after work.

christian875

ok confirmed, it's all the 10 bit color movie files.  they were playing before on previous release---any update on when, or how, this can be fixed?

ok confirmed, it's all the 10 bit color movie files.  they were playing before on previous release---any update on when, or how, this can be fixed?

You have a 4k TV?

• Solution

1.2.24 should now properly detect the capabilities of your device as far as HEVC is concerned.

As soon as I can get some beta testers to confirm it is working properly, I can release to the public.  Thanks.

CBers

ok confirmed, it's all the 10 bit color movie files. they were playing before on previous release---any update on when, or how, this can be fixed?

So is 10 bit colour determined by the MAIN 10 profile?

So is 10 bit colour determined by the MAIN 10 profile?

Yes, that's how I interpreted it.

christian875

1.2.24 should now properly detect the capabilities of your device as far as HEVC is concerned.

As soon as I can get some beta testers to confirm it is working properly, I can release to the public.  Thanks.

everything works now!  many thanks!