Movies/New Releases

MSL_DK

MSL_DK

How is Movies/New Releases sorted? Is it not by its release date? Or? The reason i ask is that the result isn't the same as in the Web Client .

• 4 weeks later...

Could you please consider how 'New Releases' are sorted. Just because a movie is from 2014 isn't the same as an new release. A movie from 1999 released 05-02-2014 is a new release.

Koleckai Silvestri

Pretty sure it is by Date Added and the fact the movie is new to your system not when it was released to the cinema.

You're right, but this isn't the case. I've just added an movie from 2003 and this movie doesn't appear in new releases.

If you are using sabnzbd to download, then you need to make sure that in Config, Special you tick ignore_unrar_dates otherwise it will keep the date that the rar package was created and it therefore won't show up as a newly added movie.

Cheers..

Edited by psykix

Well it goes by the file date, so not sure what's going awry. All my Bluray rips with MakeMKV get given the current date and time, and so they show as new in MBT for me.

No idea what's different your end!

Make sure it has an unwatched tag - if it is watched, then it will no longer appear as a newly added movie.

Doh.. I just realised what you mean. New releases in MBT (which isn't present in web dashboard).

That's not the same as recently added.

I just looked at my New Releases on MBT, and it's a mess! Has no bearing on year of release, or even when added to my system, so I understand your confusion!

EDIT : New Releases should list movies by the Release Date tag, most recent first. It doesn't though, so I dunno!!

Edited by psykix

Koleckai Silvestri

Hmmm... In Media Browser Theater, my movies seem to be in the proper order under New Releases. Looks a little weird though because when you have two rows, columns are filled in first and then rows. Guess that is necessary in a horizontal grid though and I am comparing it to vertical grids.

Make sure the release date field is filled in within the metadata.

iyr8Lfz.jpg

Edited by Wayne Luke
  • Like 1

candybar213

Hmmm... In Media Browser Theater, my movies seem to be in the proper order under New Releases. Looks a little weird though because when you have two rows, columns are filled in first and then rows. Guess that is necessary in a horizontal grid though and I am comparing it to vertical grids.

Make sure the release date field is filled in within the metadata.

iyr8Lfz.jpg

This is the same with me new releases are when the movie was released not when I added in there is also a newly added spot that goes by file date I believe.

The Candybar213

Koleckai Silvestri

On the main Movies screen, Latest Movies are ordered by when they were added to the system. I get a very different order there.

I'd suggest waiting a couple of beta releases to see if it fixes. I am running Dev Builds so they might be ahead. If you're set only to update on stable releases, you might be a few builds back.

Edited by Wayne Luke

Koleckai Silvestri

Latest Movies from the same collection:

pfLnOAA.jpg

This matches latest movies in the web client for my collection.

Edited by Wayne Luke

Ok using dev version

All movies > sort by release date

52f3642d0f2a8_dat.jpg

New releases

52f3646fe14b3_new.jpg

Again ... Notice "A Tale Of Two Sisters"

52f36508244a0_2.jpg

52f3652fd2672_3.jpg

Web client

52f3655a17034_web.jpg

I do not know what you mean? But the fim was just an example, all movies are sorted by year. Also note Mud

"A Tale of Two Sisters"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Title>
  <Added>27-01-2014 00:00:00</Added>
  <LockData>true</LockData>
  <Type>Blu-ray</Type>
  <Overview><![CDATA[To søstre vender efter et ophold på et sindssygehospital hjem til deres far og hans nye hustru. Det burde være en lykkelig genforening, men der er noget, som ikke stemmer - snart begynder der at ske uforklarlige ting i det klaustrofobiske hus. Men har det noget med den hemmelighedsfulde stedmor at gøre eller er det kun en psykisk syg piges hallucinationer? Eller er det overnaturlige kræfter i det skjulte - noget ondskabsfuldt, der truer familien og bliver stærkere og stærkere for hver grufuld nat?]]></Overview>
  <LocalTitle>A Tale Of Two Sisters</LocalTitle>
  <PremiereDate>2013-12-11</PremiereDate>
  <Rating>7.3</Rating>
  <ProductionYear>2003</ProductionYear>
  <AspectRatio>1.78:1</AspectRatio>
  <RunningTime>115</RunningTime>
  <Runtime>115</Runtime>
  <IMDB_ID>tt0365376</IMDB_ID>
  <IMDB>tt0365376</IMDB>
  <IMDbId>tt0365376</IMDbId>
  <TMDbId>4552</TMDbId>
  <Genres>
    <Genre>Gyser</Genre>
  </Genres>
  <Persons>
    <Person>
      <Name>Im Soo-jung</Name>
      <Type>Actor</Type>
      <Role>Bae Su-mi</Role>
    </Person>
    <Person>
      <Name>Yeom Jeong-a</Name>
      <Type>Actor</Type>
      <Role>Heo Eun-joo (Stedmor)</Role>
    </Person>
    <Person>
      <Name>Kim Kab-su</Name>
      <Type>Actor</Type>
      <Role>Bae Moo-hyeon (Far)</Role>
    </Person>
    <Person>
      <Name>Moon Geun-young</Name>
      <Type>Actor</Type>
      <Role>Bae Soo-yeon (Hongryeon)</Role>
    </Person>
    <Person>
      <Name>Kim Jee-Woon</Name>
      <Type>Director</Type>
      <Role>
      </Role>
    </Person>
  </Persons>
  <IMDBrating>7.3</IMDBrating>
  <Description><![CDATA[To søstre vender efter et ophold på et sindssygehospital hjem til deres far og hans nye hustru. Det burde være en lykkelig genforening, men der er noget, som ikke stemmer - snart begynder der at ske uforklarlige ting i det klaustrofobiske hus. Men har det noget med den hemmelighedsfulde stedmor at gøre eller er det kun en psykisk syg piges hallucinationer? Eller er det overnaturlige kræfter i det skjulte - noget ondskabsfuldt, der truer familien og bliver stærkere og stærkere for hver grufuld nat?]]></Description>
  <OriginalTitle>A Tale Of Two Sisters</OriginalTitle>
</Title>

Could you post your xml for both "Mud" and "The End"?  Mud sorts fine in my system in both views.

Koleckai Silvestri

"A Tale of Two Sisters"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Title>
  <Added>27-01-2014 00:00:00</Added>
  <LockData>true</LockData>
  <Type>Blu-ray</Type>
  <Overview><![CDATA[To søstre vender efter et ophold på et sindssygehospital hjem til deres far og hans nye hustru. Det burde være en lykkelig genforening, men der er noget, som ikke stemmer - snart begynder der at ske uforklarlige ting i det klaustrofobiske hus. Men har det noget med den hemmelighedsfulde stedmor at gøre eller er det kun en psykisk syg piges hallucinationer? Eller er det overnaturlige kræfter i det skjulte - noget ondskabsfuldt, der truer familien og bliver stærkere og stærkere for hver grufuld nat?]]></Overview>
  <LocalTitle>A Tale Of Two Sisters</LocalTitle>
  <Rating>7.3</Rating>
  <ProductionYear>2003</ProductionYear>
  <AspectRatio>1.78:1</AspectRatio>
  <RunningTime>115</RunningTime>
  <Runtime>115</Runtime>
  <IMDB_ID>tt0365376</IMDB_ID>
  <IMDB>tt0365376</IMDB>
  <IMDbId>tt0365376</IMDbId>
  <TMDbId>4552</TMDbId>
  <Genres>
    <Genre>Gyser</Genre>
  </Genres>
  <Persons>
    <Person>
      <Name>Im Soo-jung</Name>
      <Type>Actor</Type>
      <Role>Bae Su-mi</Role>
    </Person>
    <Person>
      <Name>Yeom Jeong-a</Name>
      <Type>Actor</Type>
      <Role>Heo Eun-joo (Stedmor)</Role>
    </Person>
    <Person>
      <Name>Kim Kab-su</Name>
      <Type>Actor</Type>
      <Role>Bae Moo-hyeon (Far)</Role>
    </Person>
    <Person>
      <Name>Moon Geun-young</Name>
      <Type>Actor</Type>
      <Role>Bae Soo-yeon (Hongryeon)</Role>
    </Person>
    <Person>
      <Name>Kim Jee-Woon</Name>
      <Type>Director</Type>
      <Role>
      </Role>
    </Person>
  </Persons>
  <IMDBrating>7.3</IMDBrating>
  <Description><![CDATA[To søstre vender efter et ophold på et sindssygehospital hjem til deres far og hans nye hustru. Det burde være en lykkelig genforening, men der er noget, som ikke stemmer - snart begynder der at ske uforklarlige ting i det klaustrofobiske hus. Men har det noget med den hemmelighedsfulde stedmor at gøre eller er det kun en psykisk syg piges hallucinationer? Eller er det overnaturlige kræfter i det skjulte - noget ondskabsfuldt, der truer familien og bliver stærkere og stærkere for hver grufuld nat?]]></Description>
  <OriginalTitle>A Tale Of Two Sisters</OriginalTitle>
</Title>

Premiere Date is wrong for this movie...

Should be between 2003 and 2006 depending on region.

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/4552-janghwa-hongryeon

Premiere Date is wrong for this movie...

Yeah, that is what I assumed was wrong for Mud as well, but wanted to check.  Not sure why it is treated differently in New Releases vs All Movies sorted by release date.

I am not at home so can not post Mud. It does not matter whether it is 2003 06 or 2013. When I set the date so it should sort by the date

Koleckai Silvestri

With further testing of version 3.0.5149.19554 of Media Browser Theater, the New Releases page appears to have a hardcoded sort and doesn't apply the sort order chosen. Not sure if that is by design or a bug.

I can affect the order of the movies shown by editing the Release Date in the Metadata Editor. That is the only thing that affects the order that I can see.