Ouya Store

Vidman

Vidman

I just tried side-loading the android app on my Ouya and it seems to work quite well. Im not sure what the requirements for the ouya store are but the only few issues I found were overscan and controller related Ie could do with better support for the ouya gamepad buttons and maybe a confirmation dialog before exiting. I think this would work great with the ouya especially if game/emulator support is added eventually. I also think it would be a success if a mediabrowser app could get into the ouya store while xbmc still has many issues on the platform.

Attn Redshirt do you know what would be required to submit your app to Ouya's store?

• 2 weeks later...
Vidman
I think it would be great to get into their store.

Hi Luke do you think Redshirt might be interested in this (I'm no developer) I have sent him a few PMs but have had no reply....I ask now because there is a member on xda dev that is offering to donate an ouya to anyone interested in developing on it.

Edited by Vidman

Vidman

Ummmm so you're not interested in a ouya for development at the moment? I'm not sure what I'm meant to get from that link sorry... I may be a bit slow. …could you spell it out for me please?

BTW did you receive my PM by any chance?

Edited by Vidman

Redshirt

Well to spell it out.... I'm working on a TV specific UI. When that UI is done, I will then look at publishing on the ouya store. I don't intend to publish on the ouya store any earlier as my UI is not geared for TV's currently and doesn't provide the best experience.

Vidman

OK thanks for that....what I was asking is if you would like a ouya to help you with testing/debugging etc?ie to aide you with providing a better experience would it be beneficial to you to have an actual device?

Sorry if there is any misunderstanding.....I'm am not try to push you to release something you are not ready to...I just thought I was trying to help out in some way

Anyway I PMd you a link to the xda dev thread of the member that is willing to donate their ouya

Edited by Vidman

Redshirt

My fault, not yours. I'm the one not reading :)

I glanced at that XDA article and it looks like that user is looking to entice someone into creating ouya specific apps. I wouldn't feel right trying to procure his ouya. If anything, I'm just going to make the odd tweak to my app for compatibility, I'm not really committed to ouya development other than the TV UI I mentioned.

If more ouya users voiced their interest that would be a totally different story.

• Like 1