Audio Sync Issue

Fiddler

Fiddler

I'm running the latest beta (v1.2.20a dated 02 July 2016) on my Amazon Fire TV Stick and I have an issue

All my Movies have their audio sync out by 3100 (milli seconds I assume).

I can resync the audio because there is an option in the player :-) however it is a bit of a bind having to change the delay every time I play a film.

As an aside the option to sync the audio is missing from the player when playing TV shows which seems inconsistent at least. Can we have this option whatever is playing?

Once I have amended the audio delay for the film that is playing then the audio remains in sync with the video with no problems which suggests the stick has enough power to decode etc. Same movies work fine on the PC either played in media player via the samba mount or using the web client.

Also I seem to remember that previously there was an option to set the size of the buffer (in seconds). I wonder if increasing the buffer would help with this issue.

Any thought and assistance gladly received

F

Are all of these items transcoding?

I suspect that may be where the sync issue is being produced.

Fiddler

I cannot tell from the App if transcoding is occurring or not as the last grey box has been removed

All I get is SD AAC Stereo.

A quick look at the logs shows that a TV episode was transcoded when I was testing this morning but I can see no log relating to any of the films.

There is also no transcoding log for the TV Episodes I watched last night (perfectly sync'd) but I'm not convinced I'm looking in the right place.

I have attached the Media Info from the web interface for a failing film (Movie.jpg) and a working TV SHow (TV Show.jpg) just in case it helps.

F

post-141846-0-75721700-1467725618_thumb.jpg

post-141846-0-35302600-1467725619_thumb.jpg

A quick look at the logs shows that a TV episode was transcoded when I was testing this morning but I can see no log relating to any of the films.

There is also no transcoding log for the TV Episodes I watched last night (perfectly sync'd) but I'm not convinced I'm looking in the right place.

So you are saying if it transcodes then it is out of sync but in sync if not...?

Fiddler

So you are saying if it transcodes then it is out of sync but in sync if not...?

No.

On TV Show it doesn't seem to matter if it transcodes or not they always seem to be in sync.

I have files which transcode and files that don't (or at least don't create a log file).

For Movies they always seem to be 3 seconds out but the only one I have investigated did not create a transcoding log.

I will try some more files tomorrow and check for log files.

Okay, the fact that it is TV or Movie I'm sure is not the relevant piece of information.  More likely it has to do with their actual internal format so please provide all the specifics you can on that when you figure out which ones have the problem.  Thanks.

Fiddler

Hi - after watching 12 movies I think I may have spotted a pattern.

On a whim I copied one of the problem Movies to the TV Shows (renamed it to look like an episode) and when played the sync was out (as expected) by 3 second, which as you suggested would imply the problem is some feature of the files not the player.

I've collected all the detail for th evideo and audio as displayed in the web client for each of the tested files and then added all the data collected to a spreadsheet grouping the good, bad and transcoded files together.

Firstly the 2 files encoded using MPEG4/Xvid were transcoded and sync was fine.

Of the other 10 files 7 had problems with sync and 3 didn't.

Highlight is that as far as I can see the only thing the files with sync problems have in common the ref Frame.

My results suggest that is the ref Frame is 1 then the audio will not sync with the video and if it is 2 it will!

Of course there is the possibility that my sample size is too small or (of course) this may be a red herring and I haven't recorded the information which is causing the problem.

Anyway - hope this helps tracking down the problem.

F

Sync Results.pdf

Thanks for the investigation.  Please try with the next beta.  Hopefully it will address your issues without introducing more for other people.