Tunein plugin has no sound

psplb3

psplb3

I have been using Emby without any problems for the last 6 months. It is a great product. I am currently having an issue with the TuneIn radio plugin. I installed it, but no audio will play. All the images and things download and look good, but when I click play I get an error in my web console. I have tried several different radio stations with no luck. I also checked the TuneIn site and it worked fine. I am using the browser and have tried it on Firefox and Chrome. Attached are my server logs and the console log from Chrome.

Emby version: 3.0.5984.0 stable

TuneIn version: 1.0.5810.30121

Firefox and Chrome are both up to date

Thank you in advance for the help!

emby.home.lan-1467649093679.log

server-63603226353.txt

transcode-5b2f1756-8476-4409-98e4-e6ea3eedd0c5.txt

ad5ce959a87ff3d5fb8d310ca51ef1a7.jpg

It works for me on the roku. Same server version. Are you sure the stations you are trying to play are streaming content? May also be too many users listening, which means you get left out. Are you sure it is broken?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

psplb3

I just tried 5 different stations with the same results. I did check in the transcode file and tried the steam URL and it did work in browser, so I believe there may be an issue

Looks like whatever you play on doesnt natively support mp3, or at least emby thinks it cant, so for this reason it wants to turn them into opus. Maybe you disabled transcoding for that user? Most browsers (possibly all) support mp3. Is your mp3 more than 2 channel stereo? Maybe this is why it wants to opus encode them?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

psplb3

I did check and transcoding is enabled. I also tried disabling it and that did not work. I found 1 station out of the 15 that I tried that worked. It is using the opus format like the others. I also noticed that I was getting a http status of 500 on those other pages so I don't think it has anything to do with the client.

Considering the ffmpeg log is blank it looks like it could possibly be stalling when trying to access that url.

Although I just installed it onto a windows server and had no issues playing several different stations.

psplb3

My server's OS is Ubuntu 14.04 x64. I tried opening one of the failed sites mp3 stream on the server in Firefox and it worked fine. I am seeing "FFMpeg exited with code 139". I couldn't find what that error means, but I did find a post that suggested to update to the latest ffmpeg. I downloaded it and placed it in  "/var/lib/emby-server/ffmpeg/20160215/ffmpeg" and "ffprobe". I got the same error so I placed everything back the way it was.

Edited by psplb3

• 2 weeks later...
psplb3

Here is an update on somethings I have tried that have not worked to fix the problem.

* Replace ffmpeg with a newer version

* Compile ffmpeg from source

* Given all emby folders and files 777 permissions

* reinstall emby

* I just created a 2nd virtual box VM running Ubuntu 16.04 32 bit with a fresh install of Emby. I am still having the same problem, so I do not think it has to do with my server.

I have tried other stations in other areas (over 25). I have only found 1 that works. Can someone verify that "92.9 | 93 Q (Country)" in Houston works.

I am using the browser version. Could that cause an issue?

The new logs look the same as the original ones so I did not think they would be of use. Let me know if there is anything else I can try.

Thank you for taking some time to look at this issue.

Edited by psplb3

I really can't reproduce this. have you tried a different browser and/or different playback device? have you made sure the system isn't muted?

psplb3

Yes, I have tried chrome and Firefox on my laptop. I have also tried on my phone and tablet using chrome and my raspberry pi using chromium. I did check the volume and the system is not muted. I was getting a 500 http error. Today I got a 404, but it looks like the same server issue in the log. Also note that the playback controls don't even show on the bottom of the page, but no error message is displayed

Edited by psplb3

Then please post logs for these errors because they are not the same as what you originally posted. Thanked.