Offline access asks to select profile

Crestj

Crestj

I understand that there are a number of issues with the current Win8.1 App that you are waiting for the new DEV Happy Windows 10 Anniversary Edition but wondered if this was one of them.

The app works great when I have an internet connection. Sync's work and I can play all I need.

The problem comes when I sit on a train to watch some sync'd content.

When I open the app it tells me to Select Profile but doesn't give me anything else on screen.

Oddly when I try this at home in airplane mode it seems to show the offline content.

When I look in the logs I can see messages like "The application has crashed: The system cannot find the file specified Exception from HResult 0x80070002." and "The application crashed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" (See Below)

Can you confirm if this is a known issue or if there's a way to resolve it?

Nothing worse than Emby sync'ing all your new TV episodes and you sit on a train eager to watch them and then have to play them through explorer and MPC-HC as Emby isn't playing ball.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sequence: 14
Date/time: 2016-07-01T16:11:24.3847785+00:00
Level: FATAL
Thread: 3
Logger: Application
------------------------
The application crashed: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.4.6.367_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.4.6.367","InstallationId":"de736443-d2b9-471a-b701-2cbd5388b9a7"}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15|2016-07-04T11:04:33.7172806+00:00|FATAL|3|Application|The application crashed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Edited by Crestj

7illusions

Hi,

I wasn't aware of this issue. I'll see if I can a old win8 dev environment up and running to try and reproduce it.

Thanks for reporting it

• 2 weeks later...
Crestj

Any progress?

Using MPC-HC to play all my sync'd videos outside of Emby is rather annoying.

7illusions

Are you running Win10 or 8.1?

If the former, it's looking good but will be a few more weeks until released. If the latter, it will be a bit longer due to all available time going into the Win10 solution

Crestj

Yes it's Windows 10.

Guess I'll be waiting then. ☺️

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Crestj

Updated to Win10A and the new App but still have offline issues.

The upgrade did not recognise my currently synced shows but that I can understand so I wiped them out and set up the sync jobs again.

All synced fine.

The problem is that when I got on the train this morning and opened the app it said "checking connection..." and then told me there were no offline files and to go online to sync some.

When I'm online though it does show the offline files and I can play them but that defeats the objective of having them offline.

Vicpa

Hi Crestj

That is odd, bummer.. I tested by going into airplane mode on my laptop. As was able to see and play synced offline content. I know you shouldn't have to do that., but can you put your device in airplane mode and try? It may help 7 track down the issue

Thanks!!

-vicpa

Crestj

Strangely in airplane mode it sees the offline content.

When the wifi is on but not connected there is nothing.

I would think they were the same "state" but clearly not.

• Like 1

Vicpa

Great !!!!

At least you have a means to enjoy your train ride :) , until the check can get refined!!!!

7illusions

I'll try to reproduce it. The way I tested during development was to use Airplane mode, so glad that works.. :)

FrostByte

save button in playback setting doesn't work

Did you try all the settings on that screen?  The only one which didn't save for me was "Play next episode"

Crestj

Oddly I tried to play my offline content this morning and set my tablet to airplane mode before I open the app.

It still told me I had no offline content.

After setting my tablet to use my mobile as a wifi hotspot the app opened and all my synced content was present.

*Although playback of it stuttered every couple of seconds unless paused and resumed.

Edited by Crestj

Crestj

In danger of over posting but....

I notice that the episode view for offline tv is different to tv episodes online.

The offline view shows only the episode name and there is no option to make move to the next episode or back.

Is there a way to improve this view?

Am I the only person using this offline? ☺️

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7illusions
No risk of overposting. :)
​I'm glad you got feedback.

The offline view sure can improve and I'll gladly add it to the backlog.
If you would like to track progress and post ideas, I'd be thankful if you also posted your ideas for improvements and bugs here:

Thanks. :)
  • Like 1

Crestj

Opened #121, #122 and #123 on BitBucket.

Didn't create an account there so they will show as anonymous I guess.

• Like 1