File no longer available with Native Direct play

snowypete

snowypete

Gday Guys,

I'm having trouble using the addon with Kodi set as Native (direct playback) in the emby plugin. I wanted to use video extras for kodi, however it doesn't support the default emby plugin setting and playback has to be set as Native.

When the emby plugin is set to default, the files would play. However when I set to Native, whenever I select any file to play Kodi prompts with "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?"

I've reset the local kodi database when switching and rebuilt several times with no joy.

Kodi's running on an android box. Emby is running on a QNAP (all running fine). I can directly access and play files by browsing through kodi (videos/files/qnap/movie.ext). However when I try and go through the plugin (addon/emby/movie/movie.ext) I get the same, File no longer available.

I've set path substitution on emby is

/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/ to
\\Multimedia\
In Emby addon I initially setup as IP address as it suggested on startup. I also tried changing server to \\Multimedia\ as server name as well. However I got the same result with File no longer available, so went back to the IP address.

With this not working, I returned to default plugin play and resync'ed however none of the files will play in that now either! It's returning back can't play next item in playlist.

I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Pete

Angelblue05

If you apply path substitution with native playback mode activated - you need to run a repair sync by launching the emby add-on and selecting the option to repair local database. The reason being - paths are not retrieved in real time, so this will apply the latest path substitution. If you apply path substitution with add-on playback mode activated - you don't need to worry about it since path are retrieved in real time.

Important, if you switch between the playback modes, then you need to reset your database because the path structure is completely different - it requires a reset to apply it. Again, you can find the option by launching the emby add-on and selecting Perform local database reset.

Edited by Angelblue05

snowypete

Thanks for the reply,

If you apply path substitution with native playback mode activated - you need to run a repair sync by launching the emby add-on and selecting the option to repair local database.

I did do a full resync/databse reset in-between changing play types. Defaults addons now working again (I did an update playlists as well and it seems to be working now). However I did notice again it doesn't play directly, rather it direct streams.

I also tried switching back to native within Emby Add-on settings, did full resync (not including cached imaged and addn settings). It still comes back with file no longer available.

Would adding in separate path substitutions in Emby server work?

i.e

/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Shared Movies --> \\multimedia\movies

/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Shared TV --> \\multimedia\tv

Thanks

Angelblue05

The end path needs to be valid. This works like a string substitution. Meaning the following /share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Shared Movies --> \\multimedia\movies :

Local:

/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Shared Movies/Title(year)/Title.ext

Network with the help of the server path substitution - this path needs to be valid. Test it out, if it doesn't find the file, it's incorrect:

\\multimedia\movies\Title(year)\Title.ext

What I suggest is for you to remain on add-on playback until you figure out how to direct play. Try to adjust your path substitution - add-on playback retrieves the path in real time, so it should help you speed up the process... Once you figure out your path, you can then choose to switch to native playback mode, which will be guaranteed to work.

snowypete

Thanks for the reply again.

Try to adjust your path substitution - add-on playback retrieves the path in real time

So, if I change the sub, I don't have to rebuild Kodi libraries. Just change it and see if a file plays direct?

When I look at the file path in the actual Emby entry for a movie it currently says

\\multimedia\shared movies (Kids)\Back To The Future 3 (1990)\Back To The Future 3 (1990).mkv

and the library address for the folder is

/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Shared Movies (Kids)

So am I correct in thinking from your comments, you shouldn't need a path sub for ALL your movie directories if they hang off a common directory? You'd only need the one pointing to the common directory point?

If my structures are (from what it says in the Emby library tab for each catagory), with all the individual movies/TV folders hanging off the below

/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Shared Movies

/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Shared Movies (Kids)

/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Shared Movies (Music)

/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/TV

You'd only need one sub as

/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia --> \\multimedia ??

I would have thought that should work?

Or do you need to have one path sub per category

/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Shared Movies --> \\multimedia\shared movies

/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Shared Movies (Kids) --> \\multimedia\shared movies (kids)

or am I still confused?

Thanks

• Like 1

Angelblue05

So, if I change the sub, I don't have to rebuild Kodi libraries. Just change it and see if a file plays direct?

Correct.

So am I correct in thinking from your comments, you shouldn't need a path sub for ALL your movie directories if they hang off a common directory? You'd only need the one pointing to the common directory point?

Correct.