Smatthew

Smatthew

Howdy all,

During the last two weeks whenever i go to hit play after pausing a media item i get the error:

Video Error

There was an error playing the video

I do not have any VPN services running, ever.  It's been occurring for the past few weeks.  I changed from the stable release to the beta and the problem still persisted.  

I have tried firefox and it happened there also.  Actually, firefox seems to be worse as i cant seem to resume any films, or start them without the same error.

Other users in my household are not experiencing the same problem.

Another user reported this problem also:

thanks for the help/additional info
Edited by Smatthew

Smatthew

The log file that associates to the problem was paused for 30 seconds.  If i was to pause it, and wait ~5 seconds, it will continue fine.  it's only longer duration pausing that the problem occurs.

The logged file, the pausing part starts at 2016-07-03 03:30:57.0160

server log.txt

Edited by Smatthew

Two nights ago I tested Firefox being paused all night with no issues. Yesterday I tested chrome for about a half hour. I'll keep testing but so far haven't reproduced.

Smatthew

strange.  Well I appreciate the diligence to help me on this issue.  I think my next action will to be uninstall /remove what i can and start again.  was the log i supplied helpful in anyway? 

efigalaxie

This is happening on your PC which is not the EMBY Server PC. You are running the Web player, right???

The Player(Client) is closing the connection. That this problem is with your particular client machine is verified by what you said about other family members NOT having issues.

Try clearing the cache, cookies, and such in the web browser........ See if that helps.

Smatthew

This is happening on your PC which is not the EMBY Server PC. You are running the Web player, right???

Try clearing the cache, cookies, and such in the web browser........ See if that helps.

--Actually, this IS happening on the PC that also hosts the emby server software.

I am using the web player.

I cleared the cache, cookies, ect ... this did not help

Edited by Smatthew

• 2 weeks later...
Smatthew

bah.  still cant figure this problem out .. and its really getting annoying.  i've uninstalled everything, deleted cache files .. i've been using VLC for everything, because its a pain to pause something to come back and have to find where i left off.  Had hoped the update that came out today would have fixed something for me .. but it hadn't.  no idea where to go from here, besides stop using it.  which i dont want to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have had this problem since 2 updates ago too.

I now updated to a beta versions, altho a lot of problems got fixed, this occurs every time I pause a video.

Video Error
There was an error playing the video.
What I see on the admin panel is that I only stopped playing the video, if I pause it for 10 seconds or 10 minutes.
What logs do you need for this?
PV

Hello, I have had this problem since 2 updates ago too.

I now updated to a beta versions, altho a lot of problems got fixed, this occurs every time I pause a video.

Video Error
There was an error playing the video.
What I see on the admin panel is that I only stopped playing the video, if I pause it for 10 seconds or 10 minutes.
What logs do you need for this?
PV

Hi there, sorry to hear about this. Please supply the Emby Server and transcoding logs:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Smatthew

As an update .. as of this weekend .. the error when pausing videos to have it not play again when i hit play .. has been resolved.

I can now pause and play without any error/problems.  Not sure if a build release fixed this .. regardless, i'm happy its resolved.

We haven't done anything specific to that but it's possible other improvements resolved it. Either way I am happy that you're happy.