Emby server for Netgear ReadyNAS R6

Bogey

I'd like to request the development of an add-on for Netgear ReadyNAS, in my case ReadyNAS R6 (ARM).

There are plugins/addons available for Netgear's major competitors Synology and QNAP.

Shouldn't ReadyNAS in that list of supported NAS devices? ;)

Cheers,

Ed

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
JBDragon

I'd like to request the development of an add-on for Netgear ReadyNAS, in my case ReadyNAS R6 (ARM).

There are plugins/addons available for Netgear's major competitors Synology and QNAP.

Shouldn't ReadyNAS in that list of supported NAS devices? ;)

Cheers,

Ed

I agree, for my ReadyNAS 516 with a Intel processor.  Why is there not a nice .deb install file?  PLEX has one for both ARM and Intel and updates it at the same time as everything else.  I would have paid for a Lifetime License already like I have for PLEX.  Right now I'm just playing around with it on my Windows PC.

• 1 month later...
smc007i

@@Luke I don't understand your last response, are you saying there is file/version of Emby for ReadyNAS?  I followed the link but it just asks to select an operating system and that's where I reach the limit of my ReadyNAS knowledge, I'm not sure what to do next (if indeed this is a link to a readynas version of Emby - which I have been waiting for for ages and would love to see!!! :D )

smc007i

Oh ok, so this is not a file I could use to install Emby on my ReadyNAS?

Any update on whether an Emby App for ReadyNAS is under development?  I've been watching the forums and this seems to have been suggested years ago, but no idea if it is even happening (all other NAS systems seem to now be supported).  If so it would be nice to know as I am considering changing my NAS to one I can run Emby on, but wouldn't want to spend the money if an app was due to come out in the near future.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Viperhansa

Hi all,

New user here, but have been running plex for several years..

Installed flawless, start up perfect, set up perfect...  BUT missing lots of media, both movies and TV..

OR is the scanner running in the background and will "catch up" eventually? 

Regards

Hans

Viperhansa

Hi there, welcome. have you checked the emby server dashboard? is the initial library scan still running?

Ahh, thanks!

That was it, it was still running. and still are...   :-)

// Hans