Live TV Guide HDHomerun Channel duplication

joelang6126

joelang6126

Hello

I have two HDHR4-2DT linked in with Emby via the DVBLink plugin. The issue I'm having is that all channels are duplicated in the TV Guide. Does anyone know how to solve this?

They show as two separate HDHomeruns in devices as they should. Maybe they need to be bonded in Emby some way?

Capture_zpswkpaqe6v.jpg[/url]

Edited by joelang6126

But you might consider trying the built-in support because it has no dependency on any external software.

Spaceboy

i'm sorry to do this as i am (mostly) a happy emby user. but as a longstanding dvblink user i do not know how, even as the emby dev, you can ethically recommend using emby tv over dvblink. emby tv is missing a number basic functionalities that dvblink has had for years and so are rock solid in terms of stability. the stable version of embytv doesnt even record properly for users outside of the US.

some of the basic stuff that dvblink has:

• recording multiple programs from the same stream. not just the same channel for overlapping recordings but multiple channels per transponder
  • handling encrypted channels
  • far better at making live tv recordings available to watch, with emby tv i'm lucky if they are available the same night, with dvblink they are available immediately. dvblink also supports watching in progress recordings although it needs support in emby tv to do that there. emby tv can't do this at all.

not only is none of this functionality there, there is no roadmap for it to be and based on the time taken to implement what we have already i would estimate that we are looking at a couple of years for embytv to catch up. as i say this is not trolling, its recognising what you do well and what you don't. live tv is massively behind the competition at the moment so probably best not to recommend to new users?

fine if you want us to help you get ermbytv working in test while using external services in live, but embytv is not an equal of any of the external services at present. you're just going to put people off emby if you force them down the embytv route

• Like 2

emistral

I have the same problem with the exact same setting but with ONLY on HDHomerun tuner. But I still have duplicated channel entries. Unticking does not seem to do a thing

I have the same problem with the exact same setting but with ONLY on HDHomerun tuner. But I still have duplicated channel entries. Unticking does not seem to do a thing

You may need to run the refresh guide scheduled task. i'll have to double check whether or not it triggers automatically after making that change.

emistral

did that but on the dashboard, the status of the refesh guide task is stuck at 0% and did not move at all for 24 hours.