Chromecast: Playback does not start

raidmyck

raidmyck

Hi there,

I have a problem with the Emby app for Android:

In our flat we have two servers (one is mine, the other is my roommate's). My roommate's server (Win 2012 R2) hosts the movie library while I use mine for testing purposes. I also installed Emby Server on my machine to test streaming to my chromecast device which works perfectly.

Unfortunately, chromecast streaming does not work with the other server. I can log in and play stuff on my phone, but as soon as I establish the connection to chromecast ("Ready to cast") nothing is happening when I press the play button.

We also use a HTPC with Kodi and the Emby plugin (Emby Theater as well) to watch movies from the server and it is also working fine.

The server uses port 80 for http local and 443 for https local. We also set the port settings to default, but no change so far. Same applies to firewall settings, we disabled it entirely, but no luck.

Any ideas? I am running out of things I can try  :blink:

Help is much appreciated!

Try putting both the port settings back to default and if you set the option to report https as the external address, revert that too. What is happening is, although the mobile device and connect to your Chromecast, your Chromecast is unable to connect to your Emby Server.

raidmyck

Hi Luke,

I've already tried this. Additionally, I've cleaned the cache of the emby app and also rebooted the chromecast device :/

pfinlay75.pf

Hi Luke,

When trying to cast to Chromecast I just get the "Ready to Cast" and thats it. I can cast a website and use VideoStream to cast shows and movies but just not Emby.  I am able to cast to my WD Tv Live plus HD media no worries.

I have read some of the stuff on this forum but unfortunately i am not understanding them too well.  Are you able to help me please?  please let me know what information you need to know in order for the assistance.

Cheers,

Pete

Hi, this is a true statement and in most cases it's an issue of connectivity. 

However, tonight I did find and fix an issue with the Chromecast receiver that might be causing this. I've pushed an update. To get the update, just reboot your CC device and restart the app you're casting from. Please try it out and report back. Thanks!

• Like 1

pfinlay75.pf

Luke,

Good news, its perfect. I can now chromecast from my laptop.

cheers and much appreciate the quick repsonse.,

Pete