Installation on BD-J6300 blu-ray player?

cncb

I just purchased the BD-J6300 blu-ray player and I can't figure out how to log in as 'developer' since it requires a valid email address. The "Smart Hub" screen on this player is not much different than the Smart Hub screen on my older F-series player so I don't think the new one is "Tizen" but I'm not sure.  Is there any way to install this on the J-series player?  Thanks. 

FrostByte

From what I understand you're correct and the BD/HT systems made last year were still using the older OS.

I believe @yudicuba got it installed on a j-series HT system.  Probably has the same version of hub as your BD player so maybe they can help

That being said I don't believe cmcg is writing the app for devices past h-series BD/HT/TVs so it's not really tested and no install instructions were ever written by anyone 

yudicuba

Hey,

I have done nothing particular  

Just installed as 2015 TV series (no mail address asked)

The only problem I have is the 3D sbs not the others and is much faster than my TV ;)

If you have more questions I’ll be around

Regards

yudicuba

hi,

nothing i have just installed same as on the TV (ip address for the beta) and same procedure for 2015 TV's no USB drive needed 

best regards

cncb

Never mind.  Suddenly it will accept "develop" as my email address and I can login and install it just like my F-series player.  I swear it wasn't working before :).  Thanks.

Edited by cncb
  • Like 2