[BUG] Media folder sorting

Ultroman

Ultroman

Hey guys.

Great work on the Samsung app!

There has been an issue since chessdragons days, where the folders in the media folder view keep changing their sorting.

I have never been able to find a pattern to it. I thought I had, and that it had something to do with the last time the folder had had changes in its content...but it isn't consistent.

It doesn't even change constantly, but only every few days. I had two days where it was perfect, after deleting the sorting names on all the folders, and giving them all new sorting names like c1, c2, c3, d1, d2, d3. Then it was nice, I think until the next server restart or something. All the other apps can understand the sorting names. Why not the Samsung app?

Ultroman

Correction: Not even the webplayer or the Android app consider the sort names. Why are they there, then? They seem to sort using the folder names, but not consistently. Look at this.

post-6264-0-12535100-1467237134_thumb.png

The bottom three are the newest folders in the bunch, and they've been thrown in at the bottom, instead of alphabetically.

But at least they don't change the sorting randomly.

Surely sorting should be a standard feature in a media library suite. This bugs me every single day.

Edited by Ultroman

Correction: Not even the webplayer or the Android app consider the sort names. Why are they there, then? They seem to sort using the folder names, but not consistently. Look at this. The bottom three are the newest folders in the bunch, and they've been thrown in at the bottom, instead of alphabetically.

But at least they don't change the sorting randomly.

Surely sorting should be a standard feature in a media library suite. This bugs me every single day.

Click user icon in top right -> home screen. use the dedicated view ordering settings, rather than editing sort names.

• Like 3

Ultroman

Thanks! That's awesome! Webplayer and Android app seem happy now. My bad.

What are the Sort Names for, then? Only movies?

The above doesn't affect the sorting in the Samsung app. They're still messed up.

the samsung app is using an older api for the top level views so that is why it's not consistent.

• Like 2