Trailers Plugin - black screen

mentasm
Go to solution Solved by memc,

mentasm

After fixing some initial issue with the trailers plugin a few months ago I had it working quite well.

I have noticed over the last few weeks that most of the trailers are now just giving me a black screen when I play them.  I don't see any buffering indications or anything.

The last thing I had done to get things working was an update to my Shark Codecs installs.  Have apple updated their codecs again?  

I'd prefer not to stuff about with codecs again if possible as I finally have things working properly with subtitle control etc.  I have zero codec issues with watching any of my other media.

Any other ideas?

I guess I will try and provide some MBS and MBC logs if no one can suggest anything else.

• Solution

I was having the same problem. Ticking "disable Media Foundation for M4V" under the MPG~MP4 tab in Shark Codecs fixed the problem for me.

Edited by memc
  • Like 1

Well I remember reading about ticking "disable Media Foundation for MP4" for issues with MP4 files. Thought I'd try the M4V option as I believe that the container format for apple trailers.

Did it work for you?

Edited by memc