Bug in using Identify to fix a mis-identified movie

Marc_G

Marc_G

Hi folks,

Let me know if posting a server log would help. I'm on the latest release Version 3.0.5972.0

I just put the movie "Colonia" (a 2015 production) onto my server. It was in a folder called "\Colonia\" which I thought would be specific enough. Instead, it was identified as a 2011 short movie called "Ars Colonia."

No worries... or so I thought. I went into the server's Metadata Manager, picked the movie, and used the Identify option. A bunch of possible matches showed, including the 2015 Colonia that was the correct one. I clicked on it to select it, then hit the submit, making sure I had the box checked for Replace Existing Images.

Upon clicking Submit it returns to the metadata manager folder view with "Ars Colonia" selected. Nothing changes or updates based on the corrected selection. I tried Saving... no change. Tried choosing the Refresh option. No change.

I don't believe I'm doing anything wrong, but perhaps somehow it's user error. Please advise, but I think this is likely a bug.

Thanks for your help.

Marc

Happy2Play

You will need to post a log for this.

I just added a folder and file named "Colonia" and it pulled all the proper info.  I then went to Identify and entered Colonia and tried to change it to Ars Colonia hit save and refreshed page and everything changed.  Only issue I see is the only image that was replaced was the Primary image not Logo, Art, Thumb, or Disc.

Could be different fetch order or language settings though.  Also this was on a Dev test machine.

Edit: the images it didn't replace is do to identified movie not containing the images to replace current ones so manual cleanup is required.

Edited by Happy2Play

Marc_G

OK. I'll try to get the log up tomorrow. Gotta deal with some family stuff right now.

In the meantime I did note that I changed the folder name to \Colonia (2015)\ and deleted the metadata in it. Somehow a new \Colonia\ folder got created (with proper metadata in it, but no movie...) which was surprising. However this entry showed up as La Colonia (incorrect name, but with correct metadata).

I deleted the new \Colonia\ folder, leaving just the \Colonia (2015)\ folder, and no metadata yet. The Metadata manager still shows an entry for La Colonia for some reason.

I will check on it tomorrow and report back.

Happy2Play

Another library scan should clean it up.

And movie (year) is always the best naming scheme.

Edited by Happy2Play