Live tv recording convert to MP4 realtime?

gjviii
Go to solution Solved by Guest asrequested,

gjviii

Does the convert to Mp4 feature convert real time?   i am noticing that on 'newly' recorded shows i am unable to ff over commercials.  if i come back the next day i now have the function to ff.   I am assuming the converting process is the reason i am unable to ff on recently recorded shows.  Am i correct?  is this expected behavior?

thanks 

Hi, no, shouldn't be. The conversion process is realtime. Once the video is available in your Emby library, everything should work. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the media scan hasn't completed yet when you're trying to play. Next time try again but maybe give it a couple more minutes. Thanks.

• Solution
Guest asrequested

Check to see if you have real time monitoring, enabled.

57730a642a56a_Snapshot_133.jpg

I also changed my Scan Library task to every 15 mins. 

57730ac26eb0f_Snapshot_134.jpg

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

rikiwi

Sorry to but in but does this only work with Homerun network tuners. I'm using tuner cards and NPVR plugin

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sorry to but in but does this only work with Homerun network tuners. I'm using tuner cards and NPVR plugin

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

HDHomerun and the built-in Emby recording. Give it a try.

rikiwi

Thanks Luke, but the HDHomerun is still $300 here in New Zealand. So I'll be sticking with my tuner cards for a while. I have been trying the mp4 conversion setup but the recordings remain as. ts files. Keep up the fantastic work.

Sent from my Sony Z3

Spaceboy

Thanks Luke, but the HDHomerun is still $300 here in New Zealand. So I'll be sticking with my tuner cards for a while. I have been trying the mp4 conversion setup but the recordings remain as. ts files. Keep up the fantastic work.

Sent from my Sony Z3

its far better to use the external services anyway. with them recordings are instantly available to watch rather than having to wait for emby to detect and process them. its another reason why the dev's should accept that in many cases the functionality of external tv services is much much better than emby tv and they would be better working on making them more compatible