Sync to folder - questions

TopSideControl
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

TopSideControl

I've been testing the Sync option as a way to create android friendly versions of my 1080-MKV files instead of transcoding and I have some questions. 

1. I installed the folder sync plugin and added a local directory as the target. The media was converted to an mp4 file but never moved from the AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\sync\uuid\ folder that was created. Should this have happened automatically?

2. Is there a way to monitor which movies have been synced?

3. Is there a way to clean up syncd movies to remove old ones?

4. Even when I had sync a movie to an mp4 file and then tried to play it back via the web client the server logs showed it still used the mkv one, is this the correct action?

Thanks

Brian

TopSideControl

OK that's answered 1, 2, & 3. But still when playing back a movie its using the mkv and not the MP4 file. Is that expected? 

I guess my question is how do I now best use the converted file?

Each app will attempt to choose the best format for it.  For instance, if you played that same title with the Apple TV app, it should direct play the mp4 version.

TopSideControl

Actually one last question, is there a way to set the default settings for the sync (baseline, low etc). 

Currently no but I thought I had the dialog remember previous selection. I'll have to double check that.

• Like 1