Best hardware for LiveTV Streaming? App side, not server

DrPorkChop

DrPorkChop

Live TV streaming around the house with a responsive interface is very important. With that in mind, for those that are streaming LiveTV to you apps, what devices are you using? Should I be looking at Android devices or something else? Any recommendations?

Guest asrequested

Yep, the recent developments to the android app have made it much smoother and more responsive. The only device I use (I don't need much) is chromecast with the android app. I like this configuration, as I can watch tv while looking at the guide on my mobile device. Luke can confirm or deny this, but  I don't think anything has been implemented yet that lets the guide be viewed while watching TV. I think I read that request, somewhere. Luke that would be great if when watching and you want to see the guide, that show could be windowed in the corner, maybe bottom right? In Theater, at least.

Edited by Doofus

I don't think anything has been implemented yet that lets the guide be viewed while watching TV. I think I read that request, somewhere.

The Android TV app has this now:

55f33718e187f_liveoverlayguide1.png

Guest asrequested

Very nice! That looks great! I imagine it's also intended for the rest of the apps?

Edited by Doofus