Linux Setup

Luke

smitopher

Well... that was a bust.  I attached the logs.

I tried to build it in mono develop by opening the MediaBrowser.Mono.sln in Mono Develop and running Clean then Build and it failed there too.

Error: Fody: Could not find a weaver named 'PropertyChanged'.
If you have nuget package restore turned on you probably need to do a build to download the weavers.
Alternatively you may have added a weaver to your 'FodyWeavers.xml' and forgot to add the appropriate nuget package.
Perhaps you need to run 'Install-Package PropertyChanged.Fody'. This url may provide more information http://nuget.org/packages/PropertyChanged.Fody/ . (MediaBrowser.Model)

logs.zip

phillyfan1138

Yeah and I think that's going to be great. I'm waiting for it to go final first. As for users on 5.x this plugin should be a quick way to install similar to sickbeard and couchpotato do.  The good news is I found a compiled compatible mono for i686 architecture, version 3.2.8-1.  It installed fine, and I launched the application however i'm getting an exception that's preventing mb3 from staring up.  Any ideas?

I have this same error on my lubuntu box.  Any ideas why?  When I check /ProgramData-Server/data/ the folder is empty (so obviously no users.db).  

smitopher

Note that /etc/init.d is obsolete on several distros, and will soon be obsolete on almost all of them. All of the major distros either already have, or will soon, switch to systemd. So while an /etc/init.d script may be useful for people running obsolete distros (eg., unRaid), I suggest that the developers not put a lot of effort into /etc/init.d daemons. A systemd service should be the mainstream method.

I do not have a lot of time at the moment, but if no one else has done it when I get a chance to look at it, I will see what is necessary to make a systemd MB3 service. It do not think it would be particularly tricky, unless there is a permissions issue.

I did a lot of googling and wow... what a cat fight.  I gave it a go trying to find a good tutorial but like you, I gots thangs ta does. 

Well... that was a bust.  I attached the logs.

I tried to build it in mono develop by opening the MediaBrowser.Mono.sln in Mono Develop and running Clean then Build and it failed there too.

Error: Fody: Could not find a weaver named 'PropertyChanged'.
If you have nuget package restore turned on you probably need to do a build to download the weavers.
Alternatively you may have added a weaver to your 'FodyWeavers.xml' and forgot to add the appropriate nuget package.
Perhaps you need to run 'Install-Package PropertyChanged.Fody'. This url may provide more information http://nuget.org/packages/PropertyChanged.Fody/ . (MediaBrowser.Model)

When you tried this where did you get mono from?

Also, Smitopher - if you could try it again that'd be great. You'll need to pull down our source again.

smitopher

When you tried this where did you get mono from?

Pakora.  It is now 3.2.8

Also, Smitopher - if you could try it again that'd be great. You'll need to pull down our source again.

I just did and after initially not doing anything, I inspected the build scripts and they were choking on the fact that my mono was 3.2.8 while it was looking for 3.2.7

I changed the scripts to check foir 3.2.8 and retrying

• Like 1

smitopher

MediaBrowser.Mono.Build.sh completes and as documented, creates the expected archives

1. MediaBrowser.Mono.3.0.5188.35368.tar.gz
  2. MediaBrowser.Mono.mkbundlex.3.0.5188.35379.tar.gz

MediaBrowser.Mono.Build.mkbundle.sh completes and not as documented, instead of the archives, creates mkbundlex.exe and the following folders

1. MediaBrowser.Mono.mkbundlex.3.0.5188.35379
  2. MediaBrowser.Mono.mkbundlex.x86_64.3.0.5188.35379

Build Packages(Normal and mkbundle version)===========================================Don't forget to set your PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH, if Mono is not in the standard path.-Normal ------* Go to the script location via CLI.* "chmod +x MediaBrowser.Mono.Build.sh", if script is not executable.* $ ./MediaBrowser.Mono.Build.sh* Two packages will be available in mediabrowser/:    * MediaBrowser.Mono.v.x.yyyy.zzzzz.tar.gz    * MediaBrowser.Mono.mkbundlex.v.x.yyyy.zzzzz.tar.gz-Mkbundle --------* Execute the Normal version, you will need the mkbundle archive name.* Go to the script location via CLI.* "chmod +x MediaBrowser.Mono.Build.mkbundle.sh", if script is not executable.* $ ./MediaBrowser.Mono.Build.mkbundle.sh mediabrowser/MediaBrowser.Mono.mkbundlex.v.x.yyyy.zzzzz.tar.gz* The package will be available in mediabrowser/:    * x64_86: MediaBrowser.Mono.mkbundlex.X86_64.v.x.yyyy.zzzzz.tar.gz    * i686:   MediaBrowser.Mono.mkbundlex.i686.v.x.yyyy.zzzzz.tar.gzError and logs==============If there's an error the script will stop. Logs are available for each commands in mediabrowser/logs and mediabrowser/logs_mkbundlex.

logs.zip

logs_mkbundlex.zip

Edited by smitopher

dantheman

MediaBrowser.Mono.Build.sh completes and as documented, creates the expected archives

MediaBrowser.Mono.Build.mkbundle.sh completes and not as documented, instead of the archives, creates mkbundlex.exe and the following folders

I experienced similar results using both scripts.  I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 in a VM.  Ubuntu 14.04 includes Mono 3.2.8 in its package archives, so I installed with apt-get.  

I had to change both scripts to Mono version 3.2.8.  I also had to change MONOPATH in the mkbundle script to /etc/mono directly.  It was attempting to access /usr/etc/mono, which caused a "does not exist" error.

dantheman - fyi, this isn't something that each user needs to do. i was just asking him for help with our build script, although you're welcome to help too. but if you just want to run the server you can use the build in the first post.

The log is complaining about zlib.h. Let me know if this helps:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18148075/compilation-error-missing-zlib-h

I think it was documented at the top of the script about LD_LIBRARY_PATH

smitopher

OK, brand new Fedora 19 VM

Mono 3.2.8

[smitopher@localhost ~]$ mono -V
Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (tarball Wed Mar 12 17:53:59 UTC 2014)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
        TLS:           __thread
        SIGSEGV:       altstack
        Notifications: epoll
        Architecture:  amd64
        Disabled:      none
        Misc:          softdebug
        LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
        GC:            sgen
[smitopher@localhost ~]$

mozroots imported

My ENVIRONMENT variables

[smitopher@localhost ~]$ printenv PATH
/opt/mono/bin:/usr/lib64/ccache:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/home/smitopher/.local/bin:/home/smitopher/bin
[smitopher@localhost ~]$ printenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/opt/mono/lib:
[smitopher@localhost ~]$ printenv PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/opt/mono/lib/pkgconfig:

and a freshly cloned MB3 from GIT

Starting now...

• Like 1

smitopher

Alright... it's running.

Anyone know how to make a... uhm  make  :unsure: (I don't. All I kinda know is how to create ANT build scripts in Java, and even then I really use Eclipse)

I suggest that the dev team actively recruit a linux dev that knows how to make a make and how to package for yum and apt-get 

smitopher
[smitopher@localhost ~]$ MediaBrowser/Tools/Linux_Build_Scripts/MediaBrowser.Mono.Build.sh
========================================
         MediaBrowser for Mono
            Package Creator

Logs available in mediabrowser/logs
    Archive available in mediabrowser

Check Dependencies

Checking for git
Checking for tar
Checking for gzip
Checking for mono
Checking for mozroots
Checking for xbuild

Requirements

Check if folder mediabrowser exist
Creating folder: mediabrowser
Check if folder mediabrowser/logs exist
Creating folder: mediabrowser/logs

Retrieving source from git

Git cloning into MediaBrowser

Nuget: Restoring packages

Importing trusted root certificates from Mozilla LXR
Updating NuGet to the latest version
Restoring NuGet package

Building MediaBrowser

xbuild: cleaning build folder
xbuild: building...
xbuild: building done

Creating tar.gz archive

Retreiving MediaBrowser version
Creating MediaBrowser.Mono.3.0.5189.41835.tar.gz

Building MediaBrowser mkbundlex

Creating tar.gz archive

Retreiving MediaBrowser version
Creating MediaBrowser.Mono.mkbundlex.3.0.5189.41845.tar.gz

Done
[smitopher@localhost ~]$ MediaBrowser/Tools/Linux_Build_Scripts/MediaBrowser.Mono.Build.mkbundle.sh
Require an archive to be converted.
         MediaBrowser for Mono
            Mkbundle Creator

Logs available in mediabrowser/logs_mkbundlex
    Archive available in mediabrowser

Check Dependencies

Checking for git
Checking for tar
Checking for gzip
Checking for mono

Requirements

Check if folder mediabrowser exist
mediabrowser exist, checking for old binaries folder
Check if folder mediabrowser/logs exist
Creating folder: mediabrowser/logs

Retrieving mkbundlex from git

Git cloning into mkbundlex

Building mkbundlex

Copying mkbundlex.exe to mediabrowser

Create release folder

Create release folder: MediaBrowser.Mono.mkbundlex.x86_64.
Extracting file  in
tar: Old option `f' requires an argument.
Try `tar --help' or `tar --usage' for more information.
[smitopher@localhost ~]$

5327cbbadec22_Screenshotfrom201403172328

Edited by smitopher

smitopher

I seem to have exceeded my upload limits as it is reporting I may only upload 23.5K and the zipped logs are

The mkbundleex logs are likely the ones you are interested it and they can fit in my quota

logs_mkbundlex.zip

PhAzE

I was able to get this running on Unraid 6 (as a plugin not as VM) so once the install package for linux has been completed, i'll start on a plugin file. i did manage to get mono 3.2.8 compiled eventually, just need to find a place to host the txz file so the plugin can auto download it and the MB3 package as well.

• Like 1

heffe2001

I was able to get this running on Unraid 6 (as a plugin not as VM) so once the install package for linux has been completed, i'll start on a plugin file. i did manage to get mono 3.2.8 compiled eventually, just need to find a place to host the txz file so the plugin can auto download it and the MB3 package as well.

I'm just starting work on this in a VM for Unraid6 (and by that, I mean within the last hour, LOL).  Should be pretty easy to get running in a VM, just wondered if you'd had much chance to test it as a native plugin for Unraid, performance-wise.  

PhAzE

I'm just starting work on this in a VM for Unraid6 (and by that, I mean within the last hour, LOL).  Should be pretty easy to get running in a VM, just wondered if you'd had much chance to test it as a native plugin for Unraid, performance-wise.  

I left it on all night, and it had no problems, I can get to the server and all the settings but I hadn't had time to load any media in and try the transcoding. I'll try that today to see if i'm missing any dependencies.  My main reason for using a native plugin is there is less overhead on the app, and when it comes to transcoding, overhead needs to be minimal.

As for doing it on a VM in Unraid 6, that should be really easy since you'll have yum / apt-get to install it eventually.

heffe2001

I have it set up on a fresh Fedora 20 VM under Unraid 6, installed mono from the repo in the 1st post, and have it up and running.  It's currently scanning my movies folder (I REALLY should have set up a small subset of stuff, it's got a long way to go before it's done scanning, lol).

I've tried to play a few items remotely through the web client (both in Chrome and in IE), and I get a greyed out screen, and a spinning circle, but no player controls.  This is with .avi's, and mkv's.  I was able to get one trailer to start playing, but it only ran for about 3 seconds before it dumped back out.  Seems like I get this error on the console when I try to play something:

_wapi_handle_unref_full: Attempting to unref unused handle 0x2c

I'm attaching my log files just in case they're needed.

**EDIT**  I just let the system sit after trying to start a locally saved trailer (well, local to the server, not to me remotely), and it DOES eventually start, but only after the receiving client as downloaded the entire video file, THEN it starts playing.  It does't actually stream it, it starts it after it's done..  I'm testing this from my work across my VPN connection to home, so not ideal, but the MediaBrowser install on my main windows machine (which I'm trying to replace integrate into my unraid box) works as you'd expect, starts streaming after a few seconds..

Edited by heffe2001

heffe2001

Looks like it works locally (I'm home now), and it's streaming to my browser just fine.  Not sure why the linux version (on my system at any rate) is giving me trouble remotely, the windows install works perfectly fine, starts streaming immediately when you click play...

Tried streaming 2 HD streams, one to my desktop, one to a Roku.  First time I started it on the roku, it played one small chunk of the file it was creating, then dropped back to the menu.  I started it a 2nd time, and it played on the roku fine.

logs.zip

Edited by heffe2001

LeftForPlex

Running Ubuntu

Installed libgdiplus

Downloaded the Medabrowser Version with Mono included

It appears to be choking on the download of ffmpeg:

oot@localhost:/tmp/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser# ./MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.x86_64 

Info, Main, Media Browser Server started

Info, Main, Command line: /tmp/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

Info, Main, Server: Rubble

Info, Main, Operating system: Unix 3.8.0.19

appHost.Init

Info, App, Application Configuration:

{"WeatherUnit":"Fahrenheit","EnableHttpLevelLogging":true,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"LegacyWebSocketPortNumber":8945,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","MetadataRefreshDays":30,"SaveLocalMeta":false,"RefreshItemImages":false,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"US","DownloadMovieImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadSeriesImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadSeasonImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":false,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadMusicArtistImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadMusicAlbumImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"ShowLogWindow":false,"RecentItemDays":10,"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"FileWatcherDelay":8,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"ManualLoginClients":[],"EnableTvDbUpdates":false,"EnableTmdbUpdates":false,"EnableVideoImageExtraction":true,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","EnablePeoplePrefixSubFolders":false,"MediaEncodingQuality":"Auto","EnableMovieChapterImageExtraction":true,"EnableEpisodeChapterImageExtraction":false,"EnableOtherVideoChapterImageExtraction":false,"MovieOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":3,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"TvOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":3,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"MusicOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":1,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"GameOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":3,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"BookOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":1,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"EnableDebugEncodingLogging":false,"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"TvFileOrganizationOptions":{"IsEnabled":false,"MinFileSizeMb":50,"LeftOverFileExtensionsToDelete":[],"WatchLocations":[],"SeasonFolderPattern":"Season %s","SeasonZeroFolderName":"Season 0","EpisodeNamePattern":"%sn - %sx%0e - %en.%ext","MultiEpisodeNamePattern":"%sn - %sx%0e-x%0ed - %en.%ext","OverwriteExistingEpisodes":false,"DeleteEmptyFolders":false},"LiveTvOptions":{},"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}

Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.0.5138.32388, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.WebDashboard, Version=3.0.5138.32387, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.0.5138.32384, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.0.5138.32384, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5138.32385, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Providers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5138.32385, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations, Version=3.0.5138.32386, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.IsoMounting.Linux, Version=1.0.5131.24779, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Mono, Version=3.0.5138.32388, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Info, App, Version 3.0.5138.32388 initializing

Info, SqliteUserRepository, Opening /tmp/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/users.db

Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /tmp/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/chapters.db

Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /tmp/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/mediainfo.db

Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /tmp/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/providerinfo.db

Info, SqliteFileOrganizationRepository, Opening /tmp/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/fileorganization.db

Info, App, HttpClientManager.GetTempFileResponse url: http://ffmpeg.gusari.org/static/64bit/ffmpeg.static.64bit.2014-01-18.tar.gz

Error, App, Error getting response from http://ffmpeg.gusari.org/static/64bit/ffmpeg.static.64bit.2014-01-18.tar.gz

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

System.Net.WebException

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus (System.Net.WebAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SetResponseData (System.Net.WebConnectionData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[system.Net.WebResponse].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<GetTempFileResponse>c__async4.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Error, App, Error downloading http://ffmpeg.gusari.org/static/64bit/ffmpeg.static.64bit.2014-01-18.tar.gz

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<GetTempFileResponse>c__async4.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.Common.Net.HttpResponseInfo].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<GetTempFile>c__async3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[system.String].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<DownloadFFMpeg>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

InnerException: System.Net.WebException

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus (System.Net.WebAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SetResponseData (System.Net.WebConnectionData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[system.Net.WebResponse].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Error, Main, UnhandledException

One or more errors occured

System.AggregateException

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

InnerException: System.ApplicationException

Unable to download required components. Please try again later.

at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<DownloadFFMpeg>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<GetFFMpegInfo>c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegInfo].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterMediaEncoder>c__async2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterResources>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>c__async0[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

UnhandledException

One or more errors occured

System.AggregateException

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

InnerException: System.ApplicationException

Unable to download required components. Please try again later.

at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<GetFFMpegInfo>c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegInfo].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterMediaEncoder>c__async2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterResources>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+

<Init>c__async0[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-Marcus

LeftForPlex

Use the version without mono embedded for now, located in the first post.

Then I have to compile mono on my own right?  I tried using that initially but it was not working either.   Previous post I saw in here with someone who had that issue was to go with mono embedded =)

root@localhost:/opt/MBServer# mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

Could not load signature of MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1[TApplicationPathsType]:CheckForApplicationUpdate due to: 

Could not load signature of MediaBrowser.Common.IApplicationHost:CheckForApplicationUpdate due to: 

Missing method .ctor in assembly /opt/MBServer/MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.dll, type System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute

Can't find custom attr constructor image: /opt/MBServer/MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.dll mtoken: 0x0a000bf6

Missing method .ctor in assembly /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll, type System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute

Can't find custom attr constructor image: /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll mtoken: 0x0a00001b

Missing method .ctor in assembly /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll, type System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute

Can't find custom attr constructor image: /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll mtoken: 0x0a00001b

Missing method .ctor in assembly /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll, type System.ServiceModel.ServiceContractAttribute

Can't find custom attr constructor image: /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll mtoken: 0x0a000317

Missing method .ctor in assembly /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll, type System.ServiceModel.ServiceContractAttribute

Can't find custom attr constructor image: /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll mtoken: 0x0a000317

Missing method .ctor in assembly /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll, type System.Runtime.Serialization.DataContractAttribute

Can't find custom attr constructor image: /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll mtoken: 0x0a00031e

Missing method .ctor in assembly /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll, type System.Runtime.Serialization.DataContractAttribute

Can't find custom attr constructor image: /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll mtoken: 0x0a00031e

Missing method .ctor in assembly /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll, type System.Runtime.Serialization.CollectionDataContractAttribute

Can't find custom attr constructor image: /opt/MBServer/NLog.dll mtoken: 0x0a00032f

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: LayoutRenderer cannot be found: 'longdate'

at NLog.Config.Factory`2[NLog.LayoutRenderers.LayoutRenderer,NLog.LayoutRenderers.LayoutRendererAttribute].CreateInstance (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.LayoutParser.ParseLayoutRenderer (NLog.Config.ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory, NLog.Internal.SimpleStringReader sr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.LayoutParser.CompileLayout (NLog.Config.ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory, NLog.Internal.SimpleStringReader sr, Boolean isNested, System.String& text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.SimpleLayout.set_Text (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.SimpleLayout..ctor (System.String txt, NLog.Config.ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.Layout.FromString (System.String layoutText, NLog.Config.ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.Layout.FromString (System.String layoutText) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.Layout.op_Implicit (System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Targets.TargetWithLayout..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Targets.TargetWithLayoutHeaderAndFooter..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Targets.FileTarget..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.Logging.NlogManager.AddFileTarget (System.String path, LogSeverity level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.Logging.NlogManager.ReloadLogger (LogSeverity level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.ArgumentException: LayoutRenderer cannot be found: 'longdate'

at NLog.Config.Factory`2[NLog.LayoutRenderers.LayoutRenderer,NLog.LayoutRenderers.LayoutRendererAttribute].CreateInstance (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.LayoutParser.ParseLayoutRenderer (NLog.Config.ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory, NLog.Internal.SimpleStringReader sr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.LayoutParser.CompileLayout (NLog.Config.ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory, NLog.Internal.SimpleStringReader sr, Boolean isNested, System.String& text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.SimpleLayout.set_Text (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.SimpleLayout..ctor (System.String txt, NLog.Config.ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.Layout.FromString (System.String layoutText, NLog.Config.ConfigurationItemFactory configurationItemFactory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.Layout.FromString (System.String layoutText) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Layouts.Layout.op_Implicit (System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Targets.TargetWithLayout..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Targets.TargetWithLayoutHeaderAndFooter..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at NLog.Targets.FileTarget..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.Logging.NlogManager.AddFileTarget (System.String path, LogSeverity level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.Logging.NlogManager.ReloadLogger (LogSeverity level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

root@localhost:/opt/MBServer# 

Edited by Dravor