Linux Setup

Luke

Big new guys:  Mono 3.4 is available for download:

http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

@@smitopher @@PhAzE

Can you test the server using 3.4 instead of your custom built version? If it performs consistently we can remove building mono from the setup procedure, which will be great. Thanks.

PhAzE

Yup, can confirm that was a mistake, it is equivelent to ffmpeg for getting information on the video files.  I'll edit the post above. I've noticed however that the build I have looks for sqlite3 in the 64 bit version, but libgdiplus it searches still in the 32bit folder /usr/lib/libgdiplus rather than /usr/lib64/libgdiplus.  Is that hardcoded into mb3 on startup?

EDIT: I think the errors i see is MB3 looking for the 32bit version before loading the 64 bit version, or specifically mono is doing this, not MB3. All loads ok, so looks fine.

Edited by PhAzE

so are you suggesting every dependency between python and sqlite would go away if libgdi werent' needed?

can you look at this:

http://www.imagemagick.org/

It's one of the options i'm considering as a replacement. thanks.

PhAzE

so are you suggesting every dependency between python and sqlite would go away if libgdi werent' needed?

can you look at this:

http://www.imagemagick.org/

It's one of the options i'm considering as a replacement. thanks.

Essentially yes, however whatever the replacement is, will come with its own set of dependencies.  I'll have a look at that and see what i can find on it.

PhAzE

I'm going to attempt to compile mono 3.4 for Unraid 5 today. I need to hack out the atomic methods from a newer GCC and link them into the older version just to get it to compile but I hear the chrome rendering is better on 3.4 so it will be worth the upgrade.

• Like 1

One2Go

@@PhAzE

This is a most welcome news to get MB3 running on Unraid 5 as that is what I am running on 2 servers. I have contemplated switching out the MB in one of them for a more powerful one that can do transcoding. So I wish you success in your project and hopefully it will result in an installation package that is usable for guys like me that have very limited Linux knowledge and are comfortable only with a few commands using Putty.

Edited by One2Go
  • Like 1

PhAzE

Hey Luke,  would you be able to add/host a 48x48 version of your logo on git somewhere? Unraid needs a location to download a logo for MB3 at that size during installation for its config gui page.

phillyfan1138

I finally got it to run, I had to use a 64 bit version of 14.04 ubuntu server.  However it crashes every 10-20 minutes with an "UnhandledException  The task has already completed".

smitopher

Has anyone successfully installed the MB server on an OpenElec system? If, then what method did you use?

I would never run ANYTHING but XBMC on an OpenElec box.  

If you want XBMC on OpenElec to play local content then MB3 is not needed.

If you want XBMC on OpenElec to play and display remote content that is managed by MB3 then I would look at the XBMB3C plug in for XBMC.  

It has a forum both here http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/forum/99-xbmb3c/ and at the XBMC forum here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178180

smitopher

I finally got it to run, I had to use a 64 bit version of 14.04 ubuntu server.  However it crashes every 10-20 minutes with an "UnhandledException  The task has already completed".

MB3 seems happier under Mono 3.4.  Ubuntu 14.04 repository has Mono 3.2.8

To get 3.4, you can build it yourself  :blink:  :wacko:  :P

or you can use the Pakorra repository described here. http://www.pokorra.de/2013/12/easy-installation-of-current-mono-and-monodevelop-for-all-major-linux-distributions/

just be sure to run the env.sh script before you launch.  You may even be able to have both Mono versions installed at the same time, but I'd stick to one to keep my sanity.

Edited by smitopher

grimy55

Hi all,

Thank you for working hard on this linux server version.

I'm running into similar issues that previously reported by Spair on post #111 of this thread. But the solution for him doesn't work in my case

I have the followgin logs when at Mediabrowser startup:

$ mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exeInfo, Main, Media Browser Server started
Info, Main, Command line: /mnt/ARCHE/utilisateurs/cyrilG/.www/mediabrowser/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
Info, Main, Server: vhs-4vm
Info, Main, Operating system: Unix 3.2.0.40
appHost.Init
Info, App, Application Configuration:
	{"WeatherUnit":"Fahrenheit","EnableHttpLevelLogging":true,"EnableUPnP":true,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"LegacyWebSocketPortNumber":8945,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","MetadataRefreshDays":30,"SaveLocalMeta":false,"RefreshItemImages":false,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"US","SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"ShowLogWindow":false,"RecentItemDays":10,"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"RealtimeWatcherDelay":20,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"ManualLoginClients":[],"EnableTvDbUpdates":false,"EnableTmdbUpdates":false,"EnableFanArtUpdates":false,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","EnablePeoplePrefixSubFolders":true,"MediaEncodingQuality":"Auto","AllowVideoUpscaling":false,"EnableMovieChapterImageExtraction":true,"EnableEpisodeChapterImageExtraction":false,"EnableOtherVideoChapterImageExtraction":false,"MetadataOptions":[{"ItemType":"Book","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicAlbum","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicArtist","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Season","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]}],"EnableDebugEncodingLogging":false,"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"TvFileOrganizationOptions":{"IsEnabled":false,"MinFileSizeMb":50,"LeftOverFileExtensionsToDelete":[],"WatchLocations":[],"SeasonFolderPattern":"Season %s","SeasonZeroFolderName":"Season 0","EpisodeNamePattern":"%sn - %sx%0e - %en.%ext","MultiEpisodeNamePattern":"%sn - %sx%0e-x%0ed - %en.%ext","OverwriteExistingEpisodes":false,"DeleteEmptyFolders":false,"CopyOriginalFile":false},"LiveTvOptions":{},"EnableRealtimeMonitor":true,"PathSubstitutions":[],"DlnaOptions":{"EnablePlayTo":true,"EnablePlayToDebugLogging":false},"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.0.5188.23124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.WebDashboard, Version=3.0.5188.23123, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.0.5188.23120, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.0.5188.23120, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5188.23121, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Providers, Version=3.0.5188.23121, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5188.23120, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations, Version=3.0.5188.23122, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Dlna, Version=3.0.5188.23124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.IsoMounting.Linux, Version=1.0.5131.24779, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Mono, Version=3.0.5188.23125, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Version 3.0.5188.23125 initializing
Info, SqliteUserRepository, Opening /mnt/ARCHE/utilisateurs/cyrilG/.www/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/users.db
Error, Main, UnhandledException
	One or more errors occured
	System.AggregateException
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException
	database is locked
	database is locked
	  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement stmt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader:.ctor (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand,System.Data.CommandBehavior)
	  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteExtensions+<ConnectToDb>c__async7A.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[System.Data.IDbConnection].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteUserRepository+<Initialize>c__asyncA7.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<GetUserRepository>c__async3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.Controller.Persistence.IUserRepository].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterResources>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>c__async0[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

UnhandledException
One or more errors occured
System.AggregateException
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
InnerException: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException
database is locked
database is locked
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement stmt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader:.ctor (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand,System.Data.CommandBehavior)
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteExtensions+<ConnectToDb>c__async7A.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[System.Data.IDbConnection].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteUserRepository+<Initialize>c__asyncA7.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<GetUserRepository>c__async3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.Controller.Persistence.IUserRepository].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterResources>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>c__async0[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Mono is installed into its regular location /opt/mono/bin and env.sh is loaded.

Here are some additional info on my system and mono:

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Description:	Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
Release:	12.04
Codename:	precise

$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 3.4.0 (tarball Tue Apr  1 13:51:31 UTC 2014)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
	TLS:           __thread
	SIGSEGV:       altstack
	Notifications: epoll
	Architecture:  amd64
	Disabled:      none
	Misc:          softdebug 
	LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
	GC:            sgen

I guess there are some dependency issues or version incompatibilities, but finding them is beyond my knowledge. Any help would be very appreciated :)

_jonte

If you want XBMC on OpenElec to play and display remote content that is managed by MB3 then I would look at the XBMB3C plug in for XBMC.  

It has a forum both here http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/forum/99-xbmb3c/ and at the XBMC forum here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178180

Thanks, but what I would like to do it to stream contents from my openelec machine to my MS Surface and also get the media library functionality. On the Surface there is no good solution for direct streaming and no player can play all types of media. Having a MB server on the openelec machine and the MB client on the Surface would be a perfect solution. Dont know if this is even possible though, which led to my asking.

Beardyname

Thanks, but what I would like to do it to stream contents from my openelec machine to my MS Surface and also get the media library functionality. On the Surface there is no good solution for direct streaming and no player can play all types of media. Having a MB server on the openelec machine and the MB client on the Surface would be a perfect solution. Dont know if this is even possible though, which led to my asking.

If you are running openelec on a raspberry pi I would not get your hopes up, if mono gets updated for the pi technically maybe you could, but it's not nearly -not even close powerful enough for doing heavy stuff like transcoding. If you don't need that or you are running openelec on something else, try it out and see if you can get it to work :) but i would move very very cautiously since openelec is designed for media playback, not running servers :)

im85288

Well I do agree to a point...BUT there is a Plex PMS server available for install on OpenElec and if you do have a powerful machine running OpenElec then why not have it installed on there as your main server? I would say we as a Team should be looking to eventually supply a plugin similar to the Plex PMS one that can be installed on a OpenElec machine.

For those interested the Plex one is available here for OpenElec: http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/57363-addon-plex-media-server

PhAzE

Mono 3.4 compiled successfully for both Unraid versions. Still seeing the redraw problems in chrome but all features appear to work when using Firefox with a few "request was not processed" messages every so often in the ui.

• Like 1

PhAzE

I recently installed Plex Media Server on my unRAID server, but haven't been 100% satisfied with it. Looked into MB3 for unRAID and hit a thread that made me feel like it wouldn't be possible due to all the dependencies for Mono. Now I'm seeing this and it's making me happy :) I'm assuming you are in the process of making a plugin from your question earlier about a 48x48 logo?

Working on it, but it kind of evolves with the linux branch.  I have (i believe) all the dependencies worked out, and the plugin is about half done.  Still need a way to implement the port and config directories, once Luke has the command line entries made that should resolve that problem.  As soon as its possible, i'll have a beta plugin out to test.

icedtrip

Mono 3.4 compiled successfully for both Unraid versions. Still seeing the redraw problems in chrome but all features appear to work when using Firefox with a few "request was not processed" messages every so often in the ui.

I recently installed Plex Media Server on my unRAID server, but haven't been 100% satisfied with it. Looked into MB3 for unRAID and hit a thread that made me feel like it wouldn't be possible due to all the dependencies for Mono. Now I'm seeing this and it's making me happy :) I'm assuming you are in the process of making a plugin from your question earlier about a 48x48 logo?

icedtrip

Working on it, but it kind of evolves with the linux branch.  I have (i believe) all the dependencies worked out, and the plugin is about half done.  Still need a way to implement the port and config directories, once Luke has the command line entries made that should resolve that problem.  As soon as its possible, i'll have a beta plugin out to test.

Sounds great! I'll keep an eye out here and more than willing to help test in any way necessary. Not afraid of the command line and alpha/beta software :)

PhAzE

@@Luke is there a common location where server variables are stored, like config directory / port number that is accessible through a text editor?  I want to get this plugin to read the current settings from an already installed mb3 server.

EDIT: I found the xml file, please disregard, this will do just fine :)

Edited by PhAzE

There's a new build up to match the windows version. It's available from the same link in the first post.

Phaze - it now accepts a command line argument to supply a custom program data path. it would be the path to the folder.

• Like 1

smitopher

It seems this new build has changed how it runs with mono-service.  What are the command line arguments and their formats?

Running interactively in a console with mono seems to work fine.  running with mono service seems to make it lose it's runtime config.