Subdued Theme: Questions Issues Thread

Cheesegeezer

Heckler

I was just thinking to myself a couple of days ago... 'Subdued could really do with a next up on the EHS to go with 'new additions, recently watched and resume'

Yeah let's all hope Cheesegeezer can find the time to implement a few of those updates to Subdued. As sad as it my sound I really don't like having to use other themes solely for the functions Subdued is missing - I want them on Subdued badly!!

bennymac

I was just thinking to myself a couple of days ago... 'Subdued could really do with a next up on the EHS to go with 'new additions, recently watched and resume'

Haha I was too!

I love Subdued, it's the only MBC theme i've ever used.

Edited by bennymac

Cheesegeezer

Chaps just to keep you updated, I got pulled away for another job, so the implementations I've promised will have to wait another week before I can get started on them.

Cheers

• Like 1

Heckler

No problems Mr Cheese, we all understand that Subdued is inc for free... It's just that I've tried several themes that have other functions... But I always come back to Subdued for it's simplicity and layout.

Is there any way to make finding movies a little easier... I have group by genre turned on and I have everything in one folder too... and I have sort by unplayed so that newer items are at the front... But with 1300 movies, I can sometimes spend 30 mins just looking for something to watch.

The cog shows for me but the "#" key I mentioned in the other thread is also a quick view switch key in Subdued.  So you can hit that a number of times to toggle through all the possible views.

The cog shows for me but the "#" key I mentioned in the other thread is also a quick view switch key in Subdued.  So you can hit that a number of times to toggle through all the possible views.

Ok, what I've figured out is that when I'm browsing subdued folders through MB+ (as in, when I have EHS enabled and get to the folders from the main MB+ page) the gear is not available.

When I turned off EHS and went into MBC that way I could edit the views in subdued.

So I got them all set up, then turned EHS back on and it saved the settings.

• 2 months later...

Currently stood outside Cheesegeezer's house holding aloft a banner that reads "We want Search and Upcoming TV" but he has his his curtains pulled over.

He's already threatened to call the police but I stand determined, chained to his fence and asking him to hear our pleas.

The things I put myself through for the sake of this community!

#Subdued4life

• Like 2

Great Cusak film from back in the day...

"I don't want to sell anything, or buy anything, or make anything bought or sold..."

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

the new MBC beta 251 will cater for next up and upcoming tv, I'll add search at the weekend hopefully. Just enjoying a bit of time at home after a 3 week trip away.

cheers

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

Peeps, apologies but my latest subdued version is on my old laptop, which died on my while i was on my last trip.  So adding a Search function will not happen until Thursday when i'm in the Workshop and can rugby tackle the little IT dude and get my source code back off that laptop.

I know @@RonNCmale was requesting this

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Thanks again Cheesegeezer.

Looking forward to the search function.

3.0.1.17 is up

++ Added Search Function -

1. this can be accessed by the Yellow button on your remote
  2. By pressing CTRL+S on the keyboard
  3. or by clicking the Search Icon in the top right config panel

I also reinstated Rotten Tomatoes Scores as it appears it had been lost in translation somewhere.

• Like 3

jfblue65

G'day.

Have a question which I think is Subdued related.

I have just purchased "TV Theme" and "Movie Theme" however I dont get the video backdrops appearing when I goto the movie or TV Show. I get the background and/or fanart pictures (the same ones that I always have had appearing) along with the audio playing.

If I use Chocolate theme, the video and audio both works.

Is there a config option in Subdued to get this to work, and of so, where is it  :)

Thx

• 2 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

G'day.

Have a question which I think is Subdued related.

I have just purchased "TV Theme" and "Movie Theme" however I dont get the video backdrops appearing when I goto the movie or TV Show. I get the background and/or fanart pictures (the same ones that I always have had appearing) along with the audio playing.

If I use Chocolate theme, the video and audio both works.

Is there a config option in Subdued to get this to work, and of so, where is it  :)

Thx

Ok, i've come to realise that when @@ebr has moved the plugin for video backdrops from mine and @@radeon plugin to the core, he's changed something which has now broken some themes playability of the original plugin.

Doesn't work with

classic

subdued

xenon

iridium 

Leave it with me.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

dropshadow

I can't find the page where you go through the subdued.xml configuration settings. I want to change some of the percentages but I can't remember which one is which. There was a page that explained it all...can you please point me to it again?

yardameus

What is it you want to change?  I can't remember the post you are referring to, but I may be able to help with what line to edit.  (did one of my own)

Cheesegeezer

I can't find the page where you go through the subdued.xml configuration settings. I want to change some of the percentages but I can't remember which one is which. There was a page that explained it all...can you please point me to it again?

are you referring to overscan/underscan for MBC?  This is on the very last tab in the main config, under advanced.

If it's something else, please let us know what it is you are actually trying to achieve.

dropshadow

1. I want to change the width percentage of the left nav section of the ehs home page.

2. i want to change the font size of the left nav section of the ehs home page to something smaller

3. I want to change the top to bottom width of the details section - it looks like it is 50% now, I want to decrease slightly

I know that I have done this before but I had to do wipe my client and lost my settings...but there used to be a description of every single xml config setting...

Edited by dropshadow