Emby and Sonarr Errors/Issues

Quizabuck
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Quizabuck

Hello all,

Hopefully someone can help me sort this out. I recently installed Sonarr to automatically handle my TV shows. When I setup Sonarr I saw there was an option for "series metatdata" for Emby. I set the slider to "enable" although I'm not sure what it was going to attempt to do. After using Sonarr for a week or so, I noticed something very odd. If I was fetching episodes for a show that had 4 or more seasons, the 4th season would start to download backdrops for a different show, and it's always "The Bachelor UK". In some cases I would also get the logo for the Bachelor. I can delete the backdrops, but they keep getting downloaded again. Another side effect I found was if the show has a "Specials" folder, the main setting for Display specials within seasons they aired in will always be checked. So I have to keep going back into the series metadata and change the display settings. BUT that's not all, the episodes in the 4th season will also lose the watched flag or gain the watched flag. This seems to be different for each series, and I can't find a pattern.  

So Problems

1) Season 4 gets multiple backdrops (i.e. backdrop1.jpg, backdrop2.jpg) and they are always the same image "The Bachelor UK"

2) Season 4 might get a logo.jpg downloaded for "The Bachelor UK"

3) If the series contains specials the check box for Display specials within seasons they aired in will be checked (even though I always make sure this is not selected)

4) Random watch status on episodes within season 4

So what have I done to try and fix this?

1) Gone back into Sonarr and made sure nothing was enabled for Emby (even removed the series metadata option under emby)

2) Switched from XML metadata to NFO metadata within Emby and deleted all the old XML

3) Fetched all new metadata for the effected series.

So I was convinced this is an issue with Sonarr, but while working on the issue today, I noticed a series I had completed watching had some unwatched episodes flagged. Sure enough they were in season 4 and I had a backdrop for "The Bachelor UK" downloaded. This series was never added to Sonarr, so I don't see how Sonarr could have done anything. 

This is such an odd issue and makes no sense to me. I attached my log in hopes It might lead to some answers.

Server Version 3.0.5972.0

Thanks

server-63602533452.txt

Edited by Quizabuck

Well for one I think Sonarr should drop the xml format and direct all Emby users to nfo. I'll send that suggestion to them. 

Happy2Play

Might be a TMDB identification glitch  The Bachelor UK - Season 4.  Your log never actually reference The Bachelor.  What shows have this issue and what is the naming convention (series-season-episode)?

For watched status have you checked the sync user watched data? Ensure is set to none.

5770184198f85_nfo.jpg

• Like 1

we support watch data in nfo so whatever is writing your nfo is probably causing that. As happy2play suggested, you might want to turn that off. it will not change existing watch statuses, but will prevent it from happening going forward.

Happy2Play

@@Luke is this issue because the seasons aren't being identified properly or a naming scheme issue? 

Two examples for OP log that get The Bachelor UK backdrop.

2016-06-26 10:40:51.6509 Error MovieDbSeasonProvider: No metadata found for 4
2016-06-26 10:40:51.6821 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/z6GwPJurPrqtcKyeJdqhR8Z0bRa.jpg
2016-06-26 10:40:51.8381 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/z6GwPJurPrqtcKyeJdqhR8Z0bRa.jpg
2016-06-26 10:40:51.9317 Info App: Creating Season Season Unknown entry for The Simpsons: Complete Season 4
2016-06-26 10:40:52.8053 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/z6GwPJurPrqtcKyeJdqhR8Z0bRa.jpg
2016-06-26 10:40:52.9145 Info App: Removing virtual season The Simpsons: Complete Season 4 
2016-06-26 10:40:52.9145 Info App: Creating Season Season 4 entry for The Simpsons: Complete Season 4

2016-06-26 10:44:21.2632 Error MovieDbSeasonProvider: No metadata found for 4
2016-06-26 10:44:21.2788 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/z6GwPJurPrqtcKyeJdqhR8Z0bRa.jpg
2016-06-26 10:44:21.4348 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/z6GwPJurPrqtcKyeJdqhR8Z0bRa.jpg
2016-06-26 10:44:21.5908 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/z6GwPJurPrqtcKyeJdqhR8Z0bRa.jpg
2016-06-26 10:44:21.7156 Info App: Creating Season Season 4 entry for Real Husbands of Hollywood Season 4 Promotional Campaign

Quizabuck

Thanks for the replies. 

I just switched to NFOs this morning as I thought something must have happened with the XML so all the NFO files were created using emby. I switched my metadata fetcher to NFO and did a refresh of all my TV series.

My NFO setting were already set to not sync with anyone. (mine does not say "None" like yours though)

577020a12b59b_nfo.gif

As for the mismatched ID possibility. That was definitely on my radar and I was trying to track that down all morning. The "tvshow.nfo" in the main directory was correct, and the "season.nfo" file in the season 4 folder was also correct. This is what I assume emby uses to pull the data in the web interface (which is what I was looking at mostly). But I did just notice a "tvshow.nfo" in the season 4 folder, and it was for the Bachelor UK and that must be where the images are getting pulled from. 

I have no clue how that file got created as I had no NFO files present before this morning. And sure enough, the other series also have the same file within the season 4 folder. I will delete all these and report back if they appear again.I also attached the file in case you might be able to tell what program created it.

Thanks for all the help.

tvshow.nfo

Quizabuck

@@Happy2Play If that is pointing to The Simpsons Season 4.

Here is the old season.xml file contents

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Item>
  <SeasonNumber>4</SeasonNumber>
  <Comment>
  </Comment>
  <CustomRating>
  </CustomRating>
  <LockData>False</LockData>
  <DateModified>9/30/2015 9:32:59 AM</DateModified>
</Item>

Here is the season.nfo contents created this morning
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<season>
  <plot>The Simpsons' fourth season originally aired on the Fox network between September 24, 1992 and May 13, 1993, beginning with "Kamp Krusty." The showrunners for the fourth production season were Al Jean and Mike Reiss. The aired season contained two episodes which were hold-over episodes from season three, which Jean and Reiss also ran. Following the end of the production of the season, Jean, Reiss and most of the original writing staff left the show. The season was nominated for two Primetime Emmy Awards and Dan Castellaneta would win one for his performance as Homer in "Mr. Plow". The fourth season was released on DVD in Region 1 on June 15, 2004, Region 2 on August 2, 2004 and in Region 4 on August 25, 2004.</plot>
  <outline>The Simpsons' fourth season originally aired on the Fox network between September 24, 1992 and May 13, 1993, beginning with "Kamp Krusty." The showrunners for the fourth production season were Al Jean and Mike Reiss. The aired season contained two episodes which were hold-over episodes from season three, which Jean and Reiss also ran. Following the end of the production of the season, Jean, Reiss and most of the original writing staff left the show. The season was nominated for two Primetime Emmy Awards and Dan Castellaneta would win one for his performance as Homer in "Mr. Plow". The fourth season was released on DVD in Region 1 on June 15, 2004, Region 2 on August 2, 2004 and in Region 4 on August 25, 2004.</outline>
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2015-09-28 08:53:52</dateadded>
  <title>Season 4</title>
  <year>1992</year>
  <tvdbid>2738</tvdbid>
  <premiered>1992-09-24</premiered>
  <releasedate>1992-09-24</releasedate>
  <art>
    <poster>\\MEDIACENTER-PC\E4 - Documentary\Cartoons\The Simpsons\Season 4\folder.jpg</poster>
    <fanart>\\MEDIACENTER-PC\E4 - Documentary\Cartoons\The Simpsons\Season 4\backdrop.jpg</fanart>
  </art>
  <seasonnumber>4</seasonnumber>
</season>
Oddly enough, that series did not get this issue...

Edited by Quizabuck

Quizabuck

So I just deleted all the "tvshow.nfo" files in all my seasons, and all the "backdrop1.jpg" & "backdrop2.jpg" images from my season folders. Did a scan media library, and all the files reappeared. 

Here is a list of all the new files that were created in one of my TV folders

\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Arrow\Season 4\backdrop1.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Arrow\Season 4\backdrop2.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Arrow\Season 4\tvshow.nfo
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Game of Thrones\Season 4\backdrop1.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Game of Thrones\Season 4\backdrop2.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Game of Thrones\Season 4\tvshow.nfo
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Homeland\Season 4\backdrop1.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Homeland\Season 4\backdrop2.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Homeland\Season 4\tvshow.nfo
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia\Season 4\backdrop1.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia\Season 4\backdrop2.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia\Season 4\tvshow.nfo
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Modern Family\Season 4\backdrop1.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Modern Family\Season 4\backdrop2.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Modern Family\Season 4\tvshow.nfo
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\The Americans\Season 4\backdrop1.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\The Americans\Season 4\backdrop2.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Tosh.0\Season 4\backdrop1.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Tosh.0\Season 4\backdrop2.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Tosh.0\Season 4\tvshow.nfo
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Vikings\Season 4\backdrop1.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Vikings\Season 4\backdrop2.jpg
\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Vikings\Season 4\tvshow.nfo

Attached is my most recent log file.

Thanks

server-63602545319.txt

Quizabuck

The type is unset (mixed content) since I have a few made for TV movies mixed into these folders.

57703721e0be9_paths.gif

Quizabuck

I assume you're talking about the mixed content?

I will remove those files for testing and make the content type TV. 

Edited by Quizabuck

I suggest turning off all metadata fetching in Sonarr.  Just to eliminate another moving part.  It shouldn't be necessary.

Quizabuck

Hi ebr,

I believe I have already done that. Unless there is another setting at the episode level I have overlooked. 

57703c9aaaae7_sonarr.gif

Happy2Play

In the Metadata Manager what is your content type set to for \\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV?  Doesn't look like you have a choice.

Edited by Happy2Play

Quizabuck

Hey Everyone,

So I rebuilt the TV folder in the library as content type "TV". After a 5 hour media scan, I have the same problems as before. I deleted the above mentioned files again and made sure Sonarr was not running in the background. After another media scan the invalid files were all downloaded again. So I have a couple questions.

1) Is a tvshow.nfo file supposed be downloaded into a season folder? As in "\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Arrow\Season 4\tvshow.nfo"

2) Is it time to start clearing out my cache folders? "C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\cache"

3) Clear out the metadata folder? "C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\metadata"

Thanks

Happy2Play

1. It shouldn't be creating a tvshow.nfo in the season folder

3. The only thing that should be in the metadata folder is people/artist/genre/studios since you save metadata with media.

Maybe it is an issue with metadata provider, try changing the fetcher order for series.  Looks like you have OMDB listed first.  Metadata-Services-drop down for each content type.

You will have to clear out all those tvshow.nfo files in the season folders though.

{"ItemType":"Series","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Art","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Screenshot","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":["Nfo","Emby Xml"],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":["The Open Movie Database","TheTVDB","TheMovieDb"]

Quizabuck

@@Happy2Play Thanks for all your help today.

Sadly changing the fetcher order did not stop the invalid files from being downloaded again. I also went to the Season level as that seems to be where the problem is, and since I only have the option for TheMovieDb, I removed the check, but that did not seem to make a difference either.

I think it is Game of Thrones time, but I do appreciate everyone's help today especially on the weekend. I think tomorrow, I will completely remove one of the effected series and try to create it from scratch again and see if the problem comes back. 

Happy2Play

Hey Everyone,

So I rebuilt the TV folder in the library as content type "TV". After a 5 hour media scan, I have the same problems as before. I deleted the above mentioned files again and made sure Sonarr was not running in the background. After another media scan the invalid files were all downloaded again. So I have a couple questions.

1) Is a tvshow.nfo file supposed be downloaded into a season folder? As in "\\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV\Arrow\Season 4\tvshow.nfo"

2) Is it time to start clearing out my cache folders? "C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\cache"

3) Clear out the metadata folder? "C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\metadata"

Thanks

So you removed this library from Unset (Mixed content) \\Mediacenter-pc\c2 - tv\TV and re-added it as Content type TV correct?

Quizabuck

Yes, that is correct. The unset (mixed content) library folder was removed, and I recreated it as content type TV.

So another series that has this "Season 4" problem is American Dad. Last night I happened to see this while starting an episode from season 4. 

57713d085b6d3_ad.jpg

The episodes metadata file does not contain anything for The Bachelor and the actual filename is correct, so where would Emby be pulling this info? I am using WMC, and this is the NEO skin if that matters. Also I tested this with some shows in the TV folder, and they showed the correct episode names. American Dad is in a different Library folder and still has the content type set to unset (mixed content).

Thanks

• Solution

I have a suggestion for attempting to deal with this.  It may appear a bit drastic but it should not cause you to lose anything (except a little time).

It is:

• Stop the server and delete from your server install directory "data" folder: library.db and refreshinfo.db
  • Then delete all xml and nfo files from the series that are having this problem 
  • Then re-start the server and let the library scan run
  • Like 1

Quizabuck

I think that is a good call. That sounds inline with what I was planning on doing after work today. I basically did this yesterday morning when I switched from XML to NFO files, but I did not know to also delete the library.db and refreshinfo.db files. I will delete all NFO files after work today and report back. 

Thanks.