3.0.5972 Manual Installation Issue

ryrush22
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ryrush22

Hello - I received the notice that version 3.0.5972 of the Emby Windows Server was available.  I downloaded the Stable Release setup.exe file and executed it.  The setup process starts, it does the "verifying application requirements" step window and then pops up an error message/box titled "Cannot Start Application" and a message that the "Application cannot be started.  Contact the application vendor."  Clicking the Details... button opens a log file which I've attached.  I've copied the ERROR SUMMARY section from the log file below:

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://emby.media/emby/server/release/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Activation failed.
+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Anyone have suggestions of what's going on here?

Thanks for everyone's help.  I've always appreciated the Emby developers and the user community.

EmbyServer_InstallLogResults.txt

ryrush22

Thanks, so much ... that did the trick.  Sorry I missed this in my initial searches, but thanks for pointing me to it!

• 1 year later...