Other users can delete collection

dimmiemedia

dimmiemedia

Hi, 

When i am making a new collection with movies as admin, other users are able to delete the collection that i have made. Is there a option that they can't? I also read about the parent control.... Anyone?

Thanks

• Like 1

Good day,

Make sure the profile user do not have this option selected:

576d827fe0f1c_20160624_215601.jpg

My best

dimmiemedia

Hi There :)

Thanks for your reply.. I have checed this, but all other users are still able to delete movies from the set..

hmm I actually never verified if that works on my system.

None of my users would dare delete anything anyway lol

I will test and let you know if I have that problem.

Collections can be created and deleted by anyone. They are currently a shared feature. We may expand on this in the future, but for now that's where it stands.

pir8radio

When you select DELETE in the collection you get the warning that this will be deleted in emby and the file system... But this doesn't actually delete the movies/media in this collection does it?

Happy2Play

Just tested and no.  Just a little confusing terminology.

dcook

Agreed this warning is very misleading, When I was deleting my collections I first copied all my folders to another disk, because I was worried based on this pop up warning that it would delete from the file system as well as the collection, when it turns out the warning was false and it only removed the collections.

Can we get this bug fixed in the future so the warning message is correct?

dimmiemedia

Thank god i am not the only one who find out that it's very misleading. I was in shock when i saw that message, and maybe my entire collection was gone :P Is there any workaround to hide this message?

Greetzzz

• 1 month later...

Collections can be created and deleted by anyone. They are currently a shared feature. We may expand on this in the future, but for now that's where it stands.

• Like 1

dcook

I think Collections should be created/edited/deleted by the user who created them, while allowing any user to view/play the collection.

While "Admin Users" should be able to edit any users collections as well.

It does not make sense that regular users are able to delete collections.

Can you please fix this in upcoming builds?

• Like 1

pir8radio

I have a guest account setup, so I do not want random people editing or deleting  my collections. As a temporary work around, until the emby team gets to this, I hid the "Delete",  "Add To Collection", and "Remove From Collection" options using the branding/custom css settings in emby, please note this will hide the regular delete button if you have enabled access to delete items from emby as well as the option to manually add to collection yourself :

button[data-id=removefromcollection]  {
    display: none;
}
button[data-id=addtocollection]  {
}
button[data-id=groupvideos]  {
}
button[data-id=delete]  {
}
button.btnNewCollection {
}

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 2

dimmiemedia

I have a guest account setup, so I do not want random people editing or deleting  my collections. As a temporary work around, until the emby team gets to this, I hid the "Delete",  "Add To Collection", and "Remove From Collection" options using the branding/custom css settings in emby, please note this will hide the regular delete button if you have enabled access to delete items from emby as well as the option to manually add to collection yourself :

}
}
}
}
}

HERO!!! :P 

• Like 1

CarlosLima

}
}
}
}
}

Hero II

Good say,

Personal view here.

Admin's should only allowed to delete anything on the emby server, I know we talking here regarding db for collection, but why allowed it to normal users to be able to delete anything..

My best

• Like 1

pir8radio

Please Note:  Who ever is using my CSS code above to hide these options...  

The below section will also hide the general DELETE option, meaning you wont be able to delete media, plugins, or other "delete" functions in emby even as an admin..  Without first changing the below to something like "delete1" and saving..  Just a warning so you don't complain to emby that a feature was removed LOL... : 

}
Edited by pir8radio

• 1 month later...
pir8radio

Any plans to fix this?   my users are deleting collections from the apps...  I cant block that like I can in the web gui...

Happy2Play

Any plans to fix this?   my users are deleting collections from the apps...  I cant block that like I can in the web gui...

@@pir8radio

A temporary workaround would be to make all the collections items "Read Only" (ie Marvel Collection folder) not the /data/Collection folder.

Edited by Happy2Play

@@pir8radio Which app (or is it apps?) are they using to delete your collections with? Curious...

Edited by speechles

• 4 years later...