Feature Request - Movies By....

ulrick65

ulrick65

We have a "Movie By Genre" available, I see a feature request for "Movie by Year"...I would like to see a "Movie by Date" added that give the movies listed in reverse date order (new movies first).

It got me thinking that how about add ability to have a "Movie By..." and let the user select the method.  In some cases (Genre and Year for example) it is a grouping but in other cases it might just be a sort "date added for example".  Could this be a setting in config that would let the user pick a couple of methods (or 3 or whatever) that is added to the home screen?.

Thanks.

• Like 2

BATTLE DONKEY

Not exactly what u are looking for and I do like the idea tho but u can already do that. It may depend on what theme u are using, I dont know if every theme has it. Once u are in ur movies collection click the settings button and then sort by... U can sort by year like u want, even add in ur own year icons and backgrounds using the imagesbyname folder

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

ulrick65

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.  I knew that...but not really as nice as being able to select it from the home screen.  Kind of cumbersome to have to go to the settings, then change the view each time.

BATTLE DONKEY

Ya, I know what u mean. Just wasn't sure if u knew of the option. It would be nice having the option to easily select it from the EHS especially since its easily customisable. I guess in due time we shall see

There are no Country or Language tags associated with Movies that I know of.

Tmdb does have Country information on releases but most movies are released at different times in many different countries and there is no reliable way to determine a "Primary" country (tmdb does actually have a flag for this but I think it is almost never set).

I think the best way for you to accomplish something like this would be to create your own Genres.

Maybe it's an MCM thing. Going through and of the 20 or so that I've checked so far, the <country> tag in the movie.xml seems to be pretty accurate to what country it was produced in. Accurate enough at least to give you the option to say I feel like watching a German or Korean movie right now. 

Appreciate the response though ebr. 

Maybe it is.  I don't think we are reading that tag and populating anything with it at this time though.  If the data is there reliably, then we could potentially do that.

• Like 1