Series recording

screwfaze

screwfaze

Hi guys,

I have just started using this feature an have a couple of noob questions.

I can't seem to set series recording for many shows just doesn't have the checkbox only worked for the Euro football.

I also don't seem to have the epg displaying images for anything is this possible as would look much better.

Thanks

That means that media portal is not flagging program items as being part of a series.

Do you have an HD honerun tuner? If so I would strongly suggest using the built in live TV services that don't require the media portal plugin.

screwfaze

Hi,

Thanks I have an August tuner, guess it's not the end of the world.

How about the images is that also only with hdhomerun?

Thanks

In this case yes because I don't think media portal sends back any images as part of the guide data. We do get some images from the internet, for example, we search for movie posters, but that also depends on media portal flagging programs as movies which it might not be doing (i really don't know to be honest).

screwfaze

Are any of the other add-ons better than media portal for this just incase I should try them?

Thanks

I know ServerWmc and NextPvr send back pretty good data. I'm sure the others do as well. Obviously they all have setup requirements with external software that you'll need to check out.

pünktchen

In this case yes because I don't think media portal sends back any images as part of the guide data. We do get some images from the internet, for example, we search for movie posters, but that also depends on media portal flagging programs as movies which it might not be doing (i really don't know to be honest).

Yes Luke, unfortunately the MediaPortal TVServer doesn't make use of any program images.

The plugin has the possibility to map guide genres to Emby categories the same way you are doing it with xmltv now.

@@screwfaze just clear the series genre mapping in the plugin settings and you should be able to create series schedules for every show.

Edited by pünktchen

screwfaze

I have changed to Serverwmc and can do the series recording now so this can be closed now thanks for all the help

Thanks