Questions about Beta 2.2.11

e123enitan
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

e123enitan

Version 2.2.11

New:

• Add option to refresh Emby items via context menu -this is great, could but an option to either active or disable the use of context menu 
  • Preparation for feature requests-would this include integration of Krypton :) 

Fix:

• Minor fixes - Live TV, RecursiveItemCount, SeriesName, SeriesId errors-Live TV, does this mean emby Live TV feeding Kodi through existing addon? Or Just my imagination, as I understand from previous threads, this would not be supported via emby/kodi plugin, due to how Kodi function and may be too cumbersome to integrate with Movie/TV shows addon, therefore a separate addon may have to be developed to handle Live TV. Or Could it be that dev team now have gained the expertized on how to integrate Live Tv into the current plugin.

Cheers! and thanks for the wonderful works

• Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

1. Good idea, I'll see what can be done to disable the context menu.

2. You'll just have to wait and see :) However, we accept pull requests - if someone wants to support Krypton until it hits RC.

3. Live TV only refers to what marcelveldt added as experimental. You can find it via launching the emby add-on > Live TV (experimental). It wasn't working previously, due to a coding error; this is now resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

e123enitan

1. Good idea, I'll see what can be done to disable the context menu.

2. You'll just have to wait and see :) However, we accept pull requests - if someone wants to support Krypton until it hits RC.

3. Live TV only refers to what marcelveldt added as experimental. You can find it via launching the emby add-on > Live TV (experimental). It wasn't working previously, due to a coding error; this is now resolved.

Thanks for your swift turn around 1, thanks for your consideration it would be nice to have, I hate when my children messing with soft, later Dad something is wrong could fix pls, this option would place under  control :D

2, No rush, just want to clarify, 3.My live Tv is currently a side load, but it worth looking into.

Thanks  

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Hmm did you mean disable the emby for kodi context menu? Or the Kodi context menu? I thought you had found a solution in the past to disable the Kodi context menu by modifying the keymap?

e123enitan

Hmm did you mean disable the emby for kodi context menu? Or the Kodi context menu? I thought you had found a solution in the past to disable the Kodi context menu by modifying the keymap?

I am referring to Emby/Kodi, yes I did find solution to Kodi context in the sense making certain key inactive not in entirety of disabling Kodi context  but it would be good to know how that can be achieved, this would stop my kids from messing with keyboard lol

Thanks 

Angelblue05

@ the last release was two months ago - it refers mostly to the connect.py document. Why do you have to force me to spoil the surprise?  ;)

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

Nice, so how is this suppose to fuction? Sorry for asking 2 many questions, I am sure other users would be inclined to know what gooddies you have in stock to come. And what benefits it offers lol, anyway, I shall be looking forward to testing this fuctionality, thanks for sharing.

Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

Emby connect would not remove any functionality. It would only extend upon the add-on.

It can simplifies the login/setup process. Username/password instead of server address/port/username/password. If users have access to multiple servers, we can easily setup one master server and have the others as slave, which would be presented as a dynamic list rather than being scraped into the library. Plus, not everyone wants to give out their server info to their users. That's just on top of my head. It can possibly give us a better way of switching between local/remote access.

There's many votes for it on our trello board: https://trello.com/b/qBJ49ka4/emby-for-kodi

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

e123enitan

Emby connect would not remove any functionality. It would only extend upon the add-on.

It can simplifies the login/setup process. Username/password instead of server address/port/username/password. If users have access to multiple servers, we can easily setup one master server and have the others as slave, which would be presented as a dynamic list rather than being scraped into the library. Plus, not everyone wants to give out their server info to their users. That's just on top of my head. It can possibly give us a better way of switching between local/remote access.

This is great in my view, this would resolved concerns i raised of sharing ISP IP with remote or external clients, so no need to creating an account with no-ip or some sort. I see a potential with this option and I am sure lot of users would praise you for implementing the function.

Thanks in ADVANCE. LOL

Edited by e123enitan
  • Like 1

e123enitan

This is great in my view, this would resolved concerns i raised of sharing ISP IP with remote or external clients, so no need to creating an account with no-ip or some sort. I see a potential with this option and I am sure lot of users would praise you for implementing the function.

Thanks in ADVANCE. LOL

This approach of accessing using Username/Password, how could one prevent the sharing of same name/pass on multiple devices, I'm concern that friends could share their login ID with unknown relatives/friends which could place a load on my network traffic, I think there has to be some sort of unique authentication (MAC ADDRESS) identifier, that would be recognised by the server before connection can take placed, where the server did recognise any MAC  or  unique device ID, already stored in embyserver device section, connection would not be acknowledged or better still another method to prevent the use of one ID by multiple users.

Just my 2 cents thought, hope this make sense.

Cheers!  

Angelblue05

I understand what you are saying but it has nothing to do with the add-on itself. Sounds more like a feature request for the server. All we would be using is Emby connect login system which is the same one used by all the Emby apps... Why should it behave differently for emby for kodi? :)

e123enitan

I understand what you are saying but it has nothing to do with the add-on itself. Sounds more like a feature request for the server. All we would be using is Emby connect login system which is the same one used by all the Emby apps... Why should it behave differently for emby for kodi? :)

You're right, after my post, It was done on that, this should be posted on the server, side, however, is still raise a legitimate concern, just becos allows for remote connection to the server, doesn't in entirety mean that if the ID is stolen or shared with authorized person they can't access the server.  Anyway, thanks, I will draw a post on the server side and see how that goes.

Cheers!

e123enitan

You're awesome, great mind thinks alike, this link is helpful, at least it demonstrated that my questions or concerns  are legit, and others are of the same mindset, I will follow up on that threat and post my thoughts  

Cheers!

• Like 1