Channel not changing

screwfaze

screwfaze

As title says I am changing channels but Emby just continues playing the same TV Show that I first played. Its showing the new channel on the remote section but not changing. Please advice sorry if this is a known issue.

Thanks

screwfaze

Sure so I start any TV channel on my emby app kodi and it starts playing then I stop and start a different channel but it continues playing from where I left of. Even starting another channel on a different app on my phone it just continues from where I was. It's like it didn't recognize that I am choosing another channel.

Angelblue05

Sorry Luke, I don't know what it could be - marcelveldt is the one that implemented the "experimental channels". I don't think I'll be able to help much on this one, I don't have live TV.

@@screwfaze Can you repeat what you were doing, enable the emby add-on logging, set to Info - If it's not enough info, you can switch to Debug. Check here to see how to grab your Kodi log: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

pünktchen

It seems Kodi doesn't send a "close stream" request to Emby when changing channels.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok and what is required to close stream? I'll add it, thanks for looking into it. I can't find the information.

pünktchen

Ok and what is required to close stream? I'll add it, thanks for looking into it. I can't find the information.

From the log it seems the stream is closed properly when stopping playback in Kodi. So just look in your code what you are doing there, otherwise you have to ask @@Luke for details.

Angelblue05

Well I do not have Live TV so I can't really help pinpoint the issue. Do you mind still posting your log, so I can see what is happening when you try and change channel? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

@@screwfaze - do you mind trying the latest add-on beta version (2.2.11)? I see that the stream is reported as direct play which I have correctly already. I believe that's the reason it's not working correctly. You are still using 2.0.1 which is very old.

Edited by Angelblue05

screwfaze

Hi,

So I have updated the addon to 2.2.11 but still does not change channel. I have changed to Serverwmc by the way.

Thanks

screwfaze

Serverwmc is allowing me to do series recording of the shows I was not able to with Mediaportal.

pünktchen

Serverwmc is allowing me to do series recording of the shows I was not able to with Mediaportal.

Didn't you follow my instructions in your other thread?

Angelblue05

It's very weird, the server response shows the corrent channel working - the id to the channel is different... I am not sure what is going on. We send the proper stop to the server I think?

@@Luke we use sessions/playing/stopped and also do the activeencodings deletion... I don't know what is missing? Is there something wrong with using /live.m3u8?static=true - again I don't have live tv so any pointers is appreciated to hopefully fix this. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

@@screwfaze

Can you give this build a try? Let me know if it helps with the channel change - if not post your new Kodi log. Thank you :)

Edited by Angelblue05

screwfaze

Hi,

Sorry still the same please find the log attached and thanks for all the hard work.

Thanks

• Like 1

screwfaze

Hi,

I have actually noticed an improvement, if I stop the channel and wait about 3 minutes and play another channel it actually plays the new channel now. Looks like it takes abit of time before Emby recognises the change.

Thanks

• Like 1