Issue with upgrading to 3.1.31.0

jpnassau

jpnassau

Hello,

I attempted to upgrade to 3.1.31.0 Stable release today.  The installation seems to have been completed and emby loads initially.  When it prompts to restart is where the problem occurs.  It goes through most of the process and then errors out stating: Unhandled exception: one or more errors occurred.  Trying to manually restart the service also fails with this error.  Attached are my logs.  Prior to attempting this upgrade the server was working fine.  It is currently running on Server 2012R2 as a service.  It was just rebuilt roughly a month ago.  Only plugin that is currently installed is NextPVR and the NextPVR server is separate.

server-63602016228.txt

unhandled_e3d325fc-0540-4556-a29f-c9b2d38b6fa0.txt

cw-kid

Hi

I have the same problem with 3.1.31 on WHS 2011 server, emby now no longer starts up. Can we roll back somehow ? 

Thanks

Hi

I have the same problem with 3.1.31 on WHS 2011 server, emby now no longer starts up. Can we roll back somehow ? 

Thanks

Hi, please make sure to see how to report a problem. Thanks.

jpnassau

Weird.  I just tried the stable release link and received version 3.1.33.0.  At any rate that version is working as I expect.  Not sure how I got the Dev release, but thank you for the insight!

Well that worries me so i just tried it and got the correct 3.0.5972. All of the links download a setup.exe so it's possible you had multiple and just clicked the wrong one.

Happy2Play

Well that worries me so i just tried it and got the correct 3.0.5972. All of the links download a setup.exe so it's possible you had multiple and just clicked the wrong one.

I know yesterday I tried to update dev via website and got beta .30 but today working correctly.  When this happened I noticed on Emby/releases there was no windows dev zip.

Edited by Happy2Play

cw-kid

Hi

Here are the last logs in the server log folder.

Think I will try to install manually the version prior to this one that isn't currently working. 

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

Happy2Play

Hi

Thanks

Running fine on WHS 2011 server here.  Previous version is always on your system as system.old.  A matter of deleting current system folder and renaming the .old folder. 

cw-kid

Running fine on WHS 2011 server here.  Previous version is always on your system as system.old.  A matter of deleting current system folder and renaming the .old folder. 

Thanks for the tip! 

That's strange then if working OK for you, I rebooted the WHS server earlier but Emby still wont start. 

Happy2Play

Your issue appears to point to a database issue. 

SQL logic error or missing database

cw-kid

Your issue appears to point to a database issue. 

SQL logic error or missing database

Sounds serious!  :o

Sorahl

I have this issue both with the current release, and the latest beta (3.1.33.0)

WHen I load the server I get the error pop up

Unhandled Exception: One or more errors occurred

I click ok and both that error window and the server load banner go away.

It is not running. I can not log in via a browser.

I'd send a log... but I can't get in to turn logging on.

Suggestions?

John

LurchZA

I'm also having issues with 3.1.31 crashing.

Running as a service, but tried running the exe too.

Will try the new version and see if it rectifies it before uploading the logs.

Happy2Play

Only way I could reproduce that error is to delete my library.db.  Emby creates another but crashes with that error.

I have backups so it was easy to restore.  You may want to check to see if you have a Previous version (file properties).

cw-kid

Only way I could reproduce that error is to delete my library.db.  Emby creates another but crashes with that error.

I have backups so it was easy to restore.  You may want to check to see if you have a Previous version (file properties).

Looking in this folder

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data

There is a library.db file and its about 403mb. 

cw-kid

I've just downloaded the latest beta zip file and unzipped it and now I have a system folder with a load of files in there, what do I do? Just copy all these files over the existing ones? 

Thanks

Happy2Play

I've just downloaded the latest beta zip file and unzipped it and now I have a system folder with a load of files in there, what do I do? Just copy all these files over the existing ones? 

Thanks

Yep replace one with the other.

cw-kid

Yep replace one with the other.

OK I have copied the system folder over the live one and now when I try to start the emby server (I'm not running it as a service)  I can see on the splash dialogue the version number is the new one 3.0.5972 and the emby icon is now in the system tray! 

Looking in the web browser at the emby web GUI it now loads up. In the dashboard its now saying I need to restart to finished updating. It also says:

Pending Installations

The following components have been installed or updated:

MBServer (3.1.33)

Please restart the server to finish applying updates.

Guess I'll press the restart button..

Happy2Play

That was going to be my next suggestion, installing stable version and see if it launches.  You just confirmed it does.  You can try another upgrade to .33 and see if it works and report back or hold off for another update.  But it looks like others are having this same issue.

cw-kid

Its restarted eventually took a long time and is now version 3.1.33.0 guess Luke pushed out another beta in between what I was doing.