Genre primary folder image MBC

bnwbass

bnwbass

Hello all,

How can I change the primary image of the "movies by genre" icon when in a MBC theme?  I do not see any option in the server or MBC config to change this. It shows in MBC tabs as a blank folder icon.

thx bw

Cheesegeezer

These images can be added in the imagebyname folder in the server folder.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

BATTLE DONKEY

Local disk (c:) users/(your user name)/appdata/roaming/media browsers-server/general/movies by genre/..... Create the general folder if u dont already have one and create the movies by genre folder exactly as its spelt in MBC. Inside that folder add ur primary (folder.jpg/PNG) and backdrop and any other images u might want to add.

Once u have added ur folder.jpg and backdrop images inside restart the server for changes to take effect

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

bnwbass

Well I have all of the thumb images for the different genre types...that not my issue.  When scrolling thru the tabs in MBC theme from media collections such as dvd, blu-r, etc. they all have primary images associated with them by uploading the image in media manager.  The issue is that there is not an "movies by genre" item to upload an image to in media manager. So when your in MBC the folder is blank.

52c9cabcd00f8_Capture.jpg

Edited by bnwbass

BATTLE DONKEY

Well I have all of the thumb images for the different genre types...that not my issue. When scrolling thru the tabs in MBC theme from media collections such as dvd, blu-r, etc. they all have primary images associated with them by uploading the image in media manager. The issue is that there is not an "movies by genre" item to upload an image to in media manager. So when your in MBC the folder is blank.

52c9cabcd00f8_Capture.jpg

Like you said, you can't change the images using media manager because movies by genre is not listed. Read my previous post and it explains how to add a primary and backdrop image to "movies by genre"

BATTLE DONKEY

No problem, that should get ur desired look for movies by genre. I've been playing around in the imagesbyname folder all afternoon so it was easy enough to remember the path to help u out.

P.s if u set up a favourites category or music by genre or anything else of the sort its the same process to add images, just remember to create the folder inside general spelt exactly how it is in MBC