Subtitle is duplicated (yellow and white)

iBoss
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

iBoss

iBoss - if you re-start the Apple TV app it should now handle that error properly and allow you to log in and test what we were originally trying to (the subtitles).  Thanks.

Unfortunately, still I can not log in :(

I restart the app (force restart) and restart the Apple TV as well, but still give me the same error

post-134723-0-70341600-1466805219_thumb.jpg

server-63602379893.txt

That's not the error I thought you were getting.  I thought you were getting stuck on the "Welcome" screen (which is what happened to me).

I am able to log in to your server on my Apple TV using the ID you gave me. Can you try that one?

I really would like to see a complete log file and i've mentioned this several times now. Every log file that you post appears to have been manually cut.

For reference, this is what a complete log file looks like:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36190-folder-sync-failing-when-directory-not-found/?p=340844

Notice how it begins with all of the server startup and initialization. Please provide a log that includes all of that as well as the apple tv activity. thanks.

iBoss

That's not the error I thought you were getting.  I thought you were getting stuck on the "Welcome" screen (which is what happened to me).

I am able to log in to your server on my Apple TV using the ID you gave me. Can you try that one?

the error is shown after trying to log in using username & pass

you can log in? I still can not log in even with the username that I provided to you (I remove the app and install it again but still same error).

I really would like to see a complete log file and i've mentioned this several times now. Every log file that you post appears to have been manually cut.

For reference, this is what a complete log file looks like:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36190-folder-sync-failing-when-directory-not-found/?p=340844

Notice how it begins with all of the server startup and initialization. Please provide a log that includes all of that as well as the apple tv activity. thanks.

I'm really sorry I did not understand what complete log, I cleared the log folder after restart the Emby server, that's why.

Ok now it should complete log

thanks

server-63602417867.txt

iBoss

ebr, it log in now ... it is very strange. you know what it is the problem? when I use remote app on iPhone to type username and password it give me that error. But if I use Apple TV remote it log in successfully. anyway it give me the massage before going to user home screen (attached screenshot) but after press menus button it goes to the user home screen :)

Ok now, about the subtitle .. still exactly the same issue :(

thanks

server-63602417867.txt

remux-09b4819c-632a-450b-8fcf-787dcacad1f4.txt

remux-c6e5405a-4e6e-45ef-baa3-b035f1d75536.txt

remux-8b27b944-d7d3-43ed-8328-0da0a1a808fa.txt

post-134723-0-09251400-1466820703_thumb.jpg

Edited by iBoss

Ok, thanks for your patience. I'll have a new server beta up tomorrow morning. Please test on that once you have it. Thanks.

iBoss

Ok, thanks for your patience. I'll have a new server beta up tomorrow morning. Please test on that once you have it. Thanks.

My patience? come on guys, I'm the one who should thank you for your patience with me. You are a fast response and amazing support I really like it.

I know a lot of projects, their team don't care about it. I'm not only talking about open source and free projects, there are some paid project/service with really bad support.

I like you guys and great job ;)

I'm planning very soon to support you with $100, not for the bonus, but because you deserve it

Thank you ebr, thanks Luke and I know you can fix these issues soon.

Thanks for the kind words.

That new error screen you got is related to the error Luke hopes to fix in the next beta.  Previously, the app wasn't handling it properly and just hung up.  Now it gives you the message and then allows you to get to your home screen (without the Continue Watching row).

As for the subtitle issue, I do believe that will get solved by a combination of an app update via the store (currently in review) and the new server.  Thanks.

If you try the latest beta server I think those subtitles should burn in now. Thanks.

iBoss

Great, now it burn in video :) both Arabic and English subtitles work perfectly.

So, four more issues left:

1- On Apple TV App, the main issue of this topic: there is a yellow subtitle appears too (two subtitles). (screenshot attached)

2- The server on Chrome still give me loading indicator (infinity loading).

3- On Apple TV App if I select   subtitle from the beginning I can not change it to another language. (screenshot attached)

4- On Apple TV App, the error message about Continue Watching.

-other issue I found: using Remote app on iPhone to type username and password it give the error "Error signing in"

Thanks

post-134723-0-02214700-1466891005_thumb.jpg

post-134723-0-72845500-1466891082_thumb.jpg

Edited by iBoss

Thanks. Chrome is separate so please file a separate topic for that in the web client section. I believe #1 and #3 are resolved in an update that is currently going through Apple approval.

4- On Apple TV App, the error message about Continue Watching.

So this still happens even with today's beta server?

iBoss

So this still happens even with today's beta server?

Yes. 

with ver. 3.1.40.0 and Apple TV App is updated as well

Okay, but they are properly synced up now, correct?

Would you be interested in joining the Apple TV beta program to see if the upcoming version fixes this for you (and also help with other issues/features)?

iBoss
Okay, but they are properly synced up now, correct?

The subtitle which burn in is synced perfectly.

Would you be interested in joining the Apple TV beta program to see if the upcoming version fixes this for you (and also help with other issues/features)?

Yes why not

iBoss

Thanks. Chrome is separate so please file a separate topic for that in the web client section. I believe #1 and #3 are resolved in an update that is currently going through Apple approval.

Luke, should I create a new topic on the web client section? I think this issue related to the server or HTML5 because it is on all browsers and iOS App too

thanks

Edited by iBoss

Yes you should create a new topic for those other issues.

The new version of the Apple TV app is on its way out via the store now so we can see if that solves your double subs problem once it is completely out.

If you still would be interested in joining the beta program though, please PM me the email address associated with the Apple ID on the device.  Thx.

iBoss

1- On Apple TV App, the main issue of this topic: there is a yellow subtitle appears too (two subtitles). (screenshot attached)

3- On Apple TV App if I select  subtitle from the beginning I can not change it to another language. (screenshot attached)

Still these issues there.

Server Ver. 3.1.42.0

Apple Tv App ver .1.0.2

ffmpeg-sub-extract-62141aef-ed92-4954-93e5-ff5f145a2bc6.txt

remux-868daa18-7f39-4f68-b945-a25cc1fb6aab.txt

remux-2140bd35-c581-4d2a-b068-ecb432d1285d.txt

remux-20988157-9599-4670-9da6-3425fc9d5ff4.txt

remux-b297ade4-a86e-49ab-8554-5236c5b8c1cc.txt

remux-e40a539a-80d0-4700-8c39-b9730a8f8fc1.txt

server-63602732190.txt

transcode-6d932fd5-fc93-47ee-b6dc-3144213a7505.txt

Yes, the update hasn't been fully delivered yet.  There are two components - the app from the store and then the part that is delivered in real time.  I needed to wait until the store app gets completely out there until putting up the updated live app.  I will probably be doing that later today or tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
iBoss

Thanks guys, most of the issues is solved. the main issue is fixed :)

about these:

3- On Apple TV App if I select  subtitle from the beginning I can not change it to another language. (screenshot attached).

-other issue I found: using Remote app on iPhone to type username and password it give the error "Error signing in

using the remote to enter password does not work and I cant change the subtitle,I cant switch it off too.

anyway how I can change the subtitle font? what is the path of the font on the server?

Thanks.

emby server ver. 3.1.56.0

Linux Ubuntu 12.04.5

server-63603524645.txt

transcode-7bdaa8c4-b564-40dd-8258-f82db99e484b.txt

transcode-ab73a117-be41-45f0-a647-f9bdcf7a3354.txt

post-134723-0-48211200-1467923469_thumb.jpg

When subtitles have to be burned in via transcoding, there is no apple menu available to turn them off. does that make sense?

We'll look into the password entry issue. Thanks.

iBoss

When subtitles have to be burned in via transcoding, there is no apple menu available to turn them off. does that make sense?

yes, in the burned subtitle (white color) can not be turned it off or changed it to another language.

I have two subtitle: english and arabic, the above attached screenshot shows that there are in apple menu three chose  (while watching movie):

Off

Auto

CC

- Off: dose not turn it off

- There is no chose for the second subtile (arabic).

I can chose any subtitle language (english or arabic) from the subtitle menu before start playing movies, but I can not change it while watching them.

Thanks

Those subtitles are .ass which means they have to be burned in. That's why they dont' work with the apple menu, because the apple  menu can't control that. Do you have a video with srt subtitles? try that for comparison.

Can you please explain whatever password entry issue you are having?  I have not had or seen any reported problems with this.  Thanks.

iBoss

Those subtitles are .ass which means they have to be burned in. That's why they dont' work with the apple menu, because the apple  menu can't control that. Do you have a video with srt subtitles? try that for comparison.

OK I use SRT subtitle, now I have got a lot of issues.

let me explain them:

first I have these files:

-One Piece ep02.mkv  <-- this contain English .ass

-One Piece ep02.ara.srt <-- Arabic .srt

---------------------------------

*Part One: Select Arabic from "Select Audio or Subtitles" menu:

If I go to "Select Audio or Subtitles" and select Arabic .srt from there  (Please see the 01 screenshot),

the Arabic subtitle it will show within the black box synced perfectly, but at the same time there is another one shows (double subtitle again) its color is white and not synced with the video. (Please see the 02 screenshot)

while watching, if I try to change it to English, the menu give me this time the the choice between English and Arabic (Please see the 03 screenshot).

If I change it to English, it will change and shows within black box with no issue as .srt subtitle  (even the English is .ass), but the duplicate white Arabic subtitle still there (Please see the 04 screenshot).

if I chose "Off" the duplicate white Arabic subtitle will be still show

*Part Two: Select English from "Select Audio or Subtitles" menu:

If I select English from  "Select Audio or Subtitles" which is actually .ass file inside .mkv, the subtitle will be show as white subtitle without black box (burned).

while watching, if I try to change it to Arabic or switch it Off, I can not  (Please see the 05 screenshot).

I hope every thing is clear :)

If you would like to provide you account to check it, please just tell me. I know I gave you one before, but I change the hosting.

Can you please explain whatever password entry issue you are having?  I have not had or seen any reported problems with this.  Thanks.

very simple password with one small latter and six numbers. when try to enter it using Remote App from iOS it give me "sign in error".  Please tell me if you want any more explain or account details to try it

Many Thanks

server-63603579724.txt

transcode-5d7b47df-e3d0-418a-ade1-fc6ac56bb23b.txt

transcode-1046dd2c-1f83-442a-b7ad-b75277576ba1.txt

transcode-e83561ba-0a9d-4f3b-bdb0-ce96ed9f0506.txt

transcode-f586a22e-09ec-48b0-be26-e064f439fe39.txt

post-134723-0-83161500-1467988102_thumb.jpg

post-134723-0-47076300-1467988104_thumb.jpg

post-134723-0-81828300-1467988106_thumb.jpg

post-134723-0-41271900-1467988109_thumb.jpg

post-134723-0-89829300-1467988111_thumb.jpg