2 questions about backdrops and splashscreens/ feature requests

BATTLE DONKEY

BATTLE DONKEY

@@Luke

@@Redshirt

@@ebr

Since these are ur Apps respectivly and I'm not sure where to post this because I'm not sure what category (server/MBC/MBT/gamebrowser) it falls under.

Anyways, 1st question, I was wondering if its possible to get a video backdrop running on the main EHS screen? I went into MBClassic IBN folder out of curiosity n created a General/Movies/Backdrops/Blah.mkv and restarted the server but that didn't work so that's why I ask.

I'm not sure I would actually use this but I am curious how it would look because I've seen some really nice fan made videos, especially for video game intros. On a side note can this be done for individual game systems also? If so how?

Question 2 is it possible to add a splash screen when launching an emulator, I know MB2 had a splashcreen for launching external players but I'm wondering if one can be implemented for emulators so u dont see the desktop for those few seconds while MBC loads up the emulator and game. Aesthetically I think it would look more fluid to see a custom splashcreen for a few seconds before the game launches as opposed to seeing MBC minimise to the desktop and waiting for the game to boot.

Both these questions also apply to MBTheatre if possible or as a feature request

mbt doesn't minimize so it doesn't need a splash screen. at the moment it's not possible for a video backdrop on the ehs.

BATTLE DONKEY

Cool, thanks for the response. I actually haven't set up my emulators in MBT yet, only in MBC. Is the splash screen feature still there for MBC and does it work for the emulators too? I've looked everywhere in the settings but can't seem to find anything about it.

As for the EHS video backdrop I was just curious if its possible and how to go about it. I've been fiddling around trying to see if I can get it working for individual systems but I'm not sure how to name the folder structure after general/games/(here is where I'm stumped, systems, game systems, not sure what to name the folder)

BATTLE DONKEY

@@ebr

@@Redshirt

Can either of u comment on this, about possibly adding in a splash screen between MBC minimising and launching an emulator and if its possible to add video backdrops to individual systems. I'm at work right now but I never even thought to place it the backdrops folder inside the same folder as my ROMs where other system (I.e. nes, n64) info is stored. I only tried in the ibn folder but I'll have a play with it when I get home

Redshirt

I think the splash screen in mb was exposed so plugins can call it. I'm fairly sure I was using it in gb2.

I believe this would all be within the plug-in but let me know if you find something you need done in the core, red.