Bug - PlayTo in Mono 4.4.0

anderbytes

anderbytes

Hello, I've noticed that after updating Mono to new stable 4.4.0 I can't play DLNA properly.

After some investigation... I found in log that was something related to PlayTo feature (being able to control device via DLNA).

After disabling PlayTo, everything works fine.

Here is the log. please take a look around time 20:25:50

ps: It is 10% possible that Mono is not the sole cause... because I've also been reinstalling some packages manually (Python-related)...

Just informing...

anderbytes

No... it didnt work, actually.

Will dig more...

Damn.

Anyone else with Mono 4.4.0 experiencing DLNA Issues??

anderbytes

Some help here, devs. I can't play anything anymore... not even from DLNA or TV app (Samsung tested).

Here are more logs.

Look how many ** Error Report ** are there... lots.

anderbytes

@@Luke, I guess moving to 4.4.0 was not a smart move... after all   :-(

Can you try to understand what those new errors mean? Or should I find some way to rollback to 4.2.4.4 ?

I'm not sure yet. if you need an immediate solution then yes I would go back to mono 4.2.3.4.

anderbytes

I'm not sure yet. if you need an immediate solution then yes I would go back to mono 4.2.3.4.

Rolling back to 4.2.4.4 did the trick.

I hope you use the logs above to understand what happened ;) I see some different sorts of problems there...

kjp4756

No issues here with mono 4.4.0 on ubuntu 16.04.  I just test dlna with bubbleupnp on my android phone and it played something from emby fine.

I do run emby in its own LXC container and all that is installed is emby and its dependancies and mono from the official mono repo.

No issues here with mono 4.4.0 on ubuntu 16.04.  I just test dlna with bubbleupnp on my android phone and it played something from emby fine.

I do run emby in its own LXC container and all that is installed is emby and its dependancies and mono from the official mono repo.

Excellent, thanks for the report.

anderbytes

Playing from the LXC probably was a smart move.

But you only tested from the Android phone? No TV? Is there a LG or Samsung TV to test there?

kjp4756

Playing from the LXC probably was a smart move.

But you only tested from the Android phone? No TV? Is there a LG or Samsung TV to test there?

No smart TVs here.  I have an openelec chromebox and some sort of android box running kodi in the bedroom.  I do have a ps3 I can hook up and see if dlna works with it.

anderbytes

@@Luke, anything interest on the logs I posted?

I don't like my software outdated... and Mono is no exception  ;-)

ytzelf

Is the 3.1.47 already in the Debian packages? I can't seem to find it through the regular apt-get update && apt-get upgrade ..

Thanks!

It's still at 3.1.44. It's all automated and I don't see any failures, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

commercial

Here with the new mono on a small N54L with openmediavault, I have a recurrent freeze after one minute ... All was fine before ... 

Here with the new mono on a small N54L with openmediavault, I have a recurrent freeze after one minute ... All was fine before ... 

Ok, you may just want to run 4.2.3.4 for now. Thanks.