Remote Control Recommendations

TroyBennett

TroyBennett

What remote control system should I be using?  I currenty have an old MCE remote control.  I find it better to control with the mouse, especially the Live TV guide.

My remote control scrolls down so slowly, I almost complained about it here.  But then I took the mouse & Scroll wheel and I saw how fast emby theater was capable of scrolling through the guide, I wish I could duplicate that with the remote control.  It typically takes about 5 minutes to get to the 600's where all the HD channels are with the remote.  Anyways, what system do you recommend??

Logos302

I don't use the live tv guide but when it comes to remotes.  I always suggest the Logitech Harmony remotes.

Guest asrequested

Logitech is always a decent solution. I have the hub, but I still prefer using a trackball and keyboard. ET is still developing. It's functionality will increase as time progresses. It looks as though the guide is going to be like the Comcast guide. I imagine that buttons like page up/down and skip by day will be made native to the remote commands, eventually. But using a mouse, you can skip to a specific day, scroll down quickly. What I would like, and it's been mentioned (not sure if Luke is going to do this), is for the guide to respond to mouse hover. So when the cursor is over a program in the guide, the guide will respond as though it does when using directional buttons. That way I won't have to click and go to the next page for the info. I don't intend on buying a remote, I prefer mouse and keyboard.

TroyBennett

I remember reading something about a 5-button remote solution that they are developing towards, Im just wondering if they had a remote in mind while developing. I did have a harmony remote at one point and am considering that route again,  Is MCE remote solution the only solution out there for PC's?  I'm sure that when you setup your harmony remote, you basically just have it emulate what the mce remote does and use an mce reciever that is plugged in via usb.  Please correct me if I am wrong, that is the way it was when I had a harmony remote.

TroyBennett

*doh* I just had a thought.  How about if I try changing the batteries on my remote......it had been maybe 6 months or so when I last changed them....I plugged in the new batteries and now my remote is blazing fast, well comparatively speaking....feeling a little stupid about my first post now...hehe, but oh well :)