Computerprep's Custom Library Thumbs

computerprep

computerprep

Here are my library thumbs.

Edit: GDrive link to current icon set. More may be added in the future.

These are all black and white. Feel free to modify with colors as you so desire.

I activate a "Christmas" library during the christmas season, for obvious reasons.

I just apply as "Primary" and "Thumb" and they've worked great for me. Blend in nicely with the flat icon style used elsewhere within Emby. And they're attractive across all my devices (Android, iPhone, webUI, and AndroidTV)

576199048a17a_thumbpreview.jpg

576199198846f_ScreenShot20160615at20311P

computerprep library thumbs.zip

Edited by computerprep
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
Quiks

Hey, Thanks for the images. I like the style of these and was trying to make some similar for a few different use cases. What font did you use here?

Quiks

to add my own. I used your color from e-books, because it was easy on the eyes to create this anime one.

edit: correct font

qocmfeM.png

Edited by Quiks

chef

Is there one for Kids movies, trailers, collections and also Security Cameras?

Maybe that's a tall order....?

Edited by chef

jasonmcroy

These look awesome!

Can anyone point me to where one finds the icons being used on the backgrounds? I tried searching Google and I am having a rough time finding ones that look this nice.

Thanks

Quiks

I just google for "whatever" icon png or "whatever" symbol/logo/etc png for whatever you're looking for.

It will usually find a transparency.

From there, I make a mask of it in photoshop and change the color to white.

If the resolution was low, and I scaled the size, I followed a youtube guide for smoothing the edges using feather/contrast.

Some of these looked super jagged without it.

I am by no means good with photoshop. So, I think anyone should be able to do it :)

Edit: for instance, for the anime movies one, I used this image.

https://i.imgur.com/fI7xoUY.jpg

I pen tooled out the inside of the glasses/nose, masked the whole image, and then changed it to white and smoothed the edges.

If you're speaking to the OP, you'll have to wait for them to answer :)

Edited by Quiks
  • Like 1

Quiks

Here's a trailers one.

6sqPEOr.jpg

Full size below.

https://imgur.com/a/WnWkq

How do I change the image of the trailers plugin library entry?

Twb6Gjw.jpg

edit: nevermind, figured out (right click > edit images)

woop woop

S6s4e60.jpg

Edited by Quiks

jasonmcroy

I just google for "whatever" icon png or "whatever" symbol/logo/etc png for whatever you're looking for.

It will usually find a transparency.

From there, I make a mask of it in photoshop and change the color to white.

If the resolution was low, and I scaled the size, I followed a youtube guide for smoothing the edges using feather/contrast.

Some of these looked super jagged without it.

I am by no means good with photoshop. So, I think anyone should be able to do it :)

Edit: for instance, for the anime movies one, I used this image.

https://i.imgur.com/fI7xoUY.jpg

I pen tooled out the inside of the glasses/nose, masked the whole image, and then changed it to white and smoothed the edges.

If you're speaking to the OP, you'll have to wait for them to answer :)

Thanks for the info. I guess perhaps I haven't searched for it correctly. I have tried "multimedia" icons, media icons, etc. but couldn't seem to get anything useful.

I use Gimp, but I can do most of the same things there as I used to do on Photoshop, though obviously not all but enough to get by.

Thanks again.

computerprep

I'm in marketing and advertising, so I created these with Adobe Illustrator. Mine are custom icons. I could probably make a whole set if you guys want to post a fairly comprehensive list.

It would be hard for me to make a few, then a few more whenever people ask for them, but I could sit down and bang out a whole batch.

If I did, I would probably make a batch of transparent name/icon images so everyone can overlay then in whatever colors they want. Or make them all bright red so you can adjust the hue/saturation to get the color you want. Whatever you guys would like.

• Like 4

Quiks

I'm sure people would want all the genres done

I did my own, but I'm sure you could make some cool versions of those same ones, so I'll include them.

anime

anime movies

kids tv

kids movies

trailers

collections

security cameras

action

adventure

animation

biography

comedy

crime

Documentary

Drama

Family

Fantasy

History

Horror

Musical

Mystery

Romance

Science Fiction

Sci-Fi

Short

Sport

Thriller

War

Western

Live TV

Recorded Movies

Recorded TV

If anyone else wants to add to the list, reply to this post

Edited by Quiks
  • Like 2

jasonmcroy

I'm in marketing and advertising, so I created these with Adobe Illustrator. Mine are custom icons. I could probably make a whole set if you guys want to post a fairly comprehensive list.

It would be hard for me to make a few, then a few more whenever people ask for them, but I could sit down and bang out a whole batch.

If I did, I would probably make a batch of transparent name/icon images so everyone can overlay then in whatever colors they want. Or make them all bright red so you can adjust the hue/saturation to get the color you want. Whatever you guys would like.

I guess that is why yours look so much better!

Anyway, the media libraries I have are as follows:

Live TV

Recorded TV

Movies

Recorded Movies

Collections

Trailers

Music

I can use your Movies and Music icons already. Is it possible to create one for Live TV and Recorded TV that have two different Icons and one for Recorded Movies, also with a different icon?

I would appreciate it immensely.

Edited by jasonmcroy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
computerprep

It's looking like I might return to this task within the next couple of weeks. When I do, I'll include "Games" with everything listed above.

• Like 2

computerprep

Ok. Help me out here... is someone creating a library dedicated to each genre? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, with most movies and tv shows NOT falling into one particular genre but instead multiple genres.

So if no library thumbnails, where are these genre thumbnails going?

• 2 weeks later...
Quiks

Hey, I assume there's a way to show genres in a view as I saw other people making genre specific thumbs. I could be wrong. I have no idea how to make it show myself. I looked for a bit and gave up as I personally don't care too much about genre images.

computerprep

Hey, I assume there's a way to show genres in a view as I saw other people making genre specific thumbs. I could be wrong. I have no idea how to make it show myself. I looked for a bit and gave up as I personally don't care too much about genre images.

That's what I'm thinking too, just not sure where they're actually usable. I want someone who actually wants them to come in before I spin my wheels on them.