"Play On" While MBC not open?

jhoff80

jhoff80

I didn't actually know where to post this as a sort of feature request, because it involves MBC, but there isn't a feature request section here.

Anyway, I've been playing around with the remote function in the WP and W8 apps, and it obviously works great while MBC is open.  The problem is that if Media Browser Classic isn't open (whether in Windows in general, or other sections of WMC), there is obviously no receiver seen to play content to.  And of course, with the way that MBC is currently designed, that makes a ton of sense to me.

The problem is, as understandable as something is for me, that doesn't help others in the house who want to use the app no matter what is open.

Obviously, I'm not a programmer myself, but I think the ideal solution for everyone is to be able to use that feature no matter the state of MBC, whether it's open or not.  So I was wondering if it would be possible to have a small tray tool or something that would just listen for those commands over the network, and if MBC isn't already open, then the tool would launch MBC and resend the command to it.  Something like that would make the feature much more usable in my system.

Of course, I'm sure that the work required to do something like that isn't nearly as simple as that, but still. :D

• Like 2

Yes, it would be possible but, as you surmised, it would require that we install another separate app that is running on the machine at all times.  And that we write that app and make it coordinate properly with MBC whether it is open or not.